Senior Structural Engineer
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
About the role
Our Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting Senior Structural Engineers to join our fast growing team where youll have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of exciting projects ranging from defence, nuclear, other energy and infrastructure projects.
This role is to support the client locally as well as the larger team based in the UK and Europe where there will be opportunities for advancement within the team.
Typically, you will be:
Candidate SpecificationAbout you
- Responsible for all stages of project evolution from feasibility and concept to detailed design work, planning support, through to project construction and commissioning.
- Involved in multi-disciplinary projects that requires liaising with Engineers internally within Mott MacDonald and external Clients/Stakeholders to provide cost-effect infrastructure solutions.
- Responsible for leading and/or undertaking analysis, design and checking of engineering design works in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork, using appropriate design and analysis software.
- Prepare, in English, specifications and minimum functional specifications for the civil/structural engineering aspects of energy projects.
- Lead civil and structural inspections of energy infrastructure assets across the UK as part of asset maintenance and life extension. Prepare, in English, and provide to Client detailed inspection reports.
- Offer a consultative advisory approach to clients to ensure the best solution is offered to meet their needs.
- Undertake site and client office visits, as per project requirements.
- Ensure client satisfaction, pursue and promote opportunities with clients.
- Develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and costs and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
- Assist with project management, control and administration as appropriate to the level of experience.
- Responsible for the development and mentoring of staff.
Ideally you will be a Chartered Engineer, with experience working within the Energy Sector or similar. Many of our projects are in defence and nuclear sectors, therefore, experience in regulated industries is advantageous but not essential. Demonstration of transferrable skills from other sectors will be considered.
Strong communication skills are a must as youll be expected to interact with other disciplines and clients on a daily basis. Ultimately, we deliver engineering solutions so were looking for accomplished engineers who are able to deliver technical excellence in keeping with their skills and ability.
Due to the sensitivity of some of our projects, candidates may be required to apply for and obtain UK Security Clearance.
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job ProfileAbout us
Our Energy Unit delivers projects to a wide range of clients across the energy sector, specifically within the defence, existing and new build nuclear, and wider power industries. Due to recent project wins and continued growth of our business, we are recruiting Senior Structural Engineers to join our teams in the UK.
We have a strong network throughout our offices across the UK so plenty of opportunities to develop and progress. Furthermore, youll have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in the industry, theres never been a better time to join us!How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
#LI-NC1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now