Acuity International is seeking Civil Engineers to support our Department of State, Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO), internationally.
This position does require a security clearance. Acuity International is willing to sponsor security clearances for qualifying candidates.
Personnel are required to possess a Final Secret, Interim Top Secret, or Final Top Secret clearance. However, all employees must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance and sign a contingency agreement of employment with Acuity.
Civil Engineer will provide OBO field engineering, inspections and subject matter expertise to U.S. Government Project Directors on diplomatic construction projects located worldwide. Projects may include upgrades, renovations, additions or new construction including utility systems and real property facilities. Individual must be able to coordinate with other engineering and office staff in the areas of planning, project coordination, project scheduling and cost management.
- Provide technical expertise to Client's on-site Project Director and Construction Management Staff. Expertise may include supervision, design, survey or inspection of construction activities associated with structures, facilities or utility systems.
- Responsible for technical documentation and review of work in progress by contractor(s).
- Oversee compliance with Client standards for project design, delivery, QA/QC process and regular project reporting.
- Perform engineering calculations and prepare reports in support of project work.
- Assist Project Director in the overall coordination of construction activities to maximize productivity and maintain schedule
- Assist in the review of contingency and recovery plans offered by contractor. Monitors performance against such plans providing quality assurance reporting.
- Communicate and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and offices Undertake other duties as assigned by the Project Director/COR.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience required on construction projects of similar scope and value to the project supported by this Task Order. Design office experience shall not count toward an employee's experience.
- A civil engineering degree from an accredited university is required;
- A Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of proposal.
- Must be able to obtain a Final TS security clearance with DS granted Acceptability Review (AR) before deployment.
- U.S. Embassy construction program experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of civil engineering concepts principles and practices a familiarity with other engineering disciples and architecture.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply general engineering rules and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions to other engineers.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices and techniques, materials and equipment to determine compliance with Client codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Auto CAD
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Must be able to work 50-hours/week
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, climb, bend, balance and twist for extended periods.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to safely maneuver throughout the job site, i.e., climb and walk on scaffolding, climb ladders, walk up or down steep grades.