RPS is looking for Trainee Leakage Engineers to join our Water Operations Division covering all parts of Wales. Our team of Leakage Engineers are at the heart of our strategic priorities - to deliver great work for our clients by providing excellent customer service and executing complex operational tasks. Whether you are just starting out or taking the next step in your career, this position provides an opportunity for you to progress with RPS. This is a permanent, full time position working Monday to Friday 0700 - 1530 plus overtime, bonus and benefits and pays real living wage. You will also be allocated a company van.
We are particularly interested in candidates in the Ceredigion, Pembroke Dock, Haverford West
areas at this time.
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design, and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you'll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career. What you'll be doing
This is a great first step in to a career in the water industry and fulltraining and one-to-one mentorship will be provided. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will ensure the delivery of leakage reduction by using your expertise to resolve complex operational issues that will include detecting both proactive and reactive leaks on our clients' network using a combination of methods
Who we're looking for?
- Assess, diagnose, and determine the most appropriate solution to reduce leakage and fully support the delivery of regulatory targets and work to pinpoint leakage with a level of accuracy that delivers a great service for clients
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is maintained
- Achieving KPI targets and delivering leakage detection/reduction within DMA's
- Attending excavations requested by R&M to assist leak location
- Training and mentoring assistant leakage Technicians
- Assuming responsibility for general admin tasks, i.e., electronic timesheets submissions, weekly vehicle checks and defect reporting
- Forming and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues, contractors, and the client
What's in it for you?
- Any prior experience working in a similar role is useful however we will train you in water network hydraulics, leakage detection techniques, monitoring/reporting of leakage levels and other issues associated with the clean water industry
- You will want to learn and build a knowledge of utility tracing, noise logging and step-testing planning/operation to allow you to build your experience of leakage monitoring, pressure/flow and flow data capture techniques and methods. Above all you will be open and willing to learn new methods
- Able to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
- Team player who wants to solve problems within defined procedures and is flexible, co-operative attitude to working and giving and receiving help and sharing knowledge
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focussed and able to build and maintain great working relationships
- Able to work quickly and accurately report on findings
- Full UK driving licence
We support our people to build meaningful careers. Here you'll find true support and encouragement. We're an accredited training provider and we support learning and development for everyone. A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go. RPS, a Tetra Tech company
Representing an exciting new chapter in our business, in January 2023 RPS became a Tetra Tech company. With 27,000 employees in more than 550 offices in more than 120 countries on seven continents, Tetra Tech is a leading global provider of consulting and engineering services. As a Tetra Tech company, RPS is proud to offer our people market leading development and project opportunities, helping to solve some of the world's most complex problems. What happens next?
If we feel you are a good match, we will be in touch to arrange a competency interview. If this opportunity suits your career journey, we'd love to hear from you. All applications will be considered. Ready to apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online. #LI-AA1 Health and Safety
This role may involve:
- Moving heavy items including inspection chamber covers
- Working in all weather conditions (this could include night work also)
Please note mandatory drugs and alcohol tests are undertaken for this role and a DBS check will be undertaken