Interim Senior Traffic Engineer - Transportation Reference no: Greenwich RQ1068906Pay Rate: £34.85 per hour PAYE 35 hours Monday - Friday, normal working hoursThis opening assignment is for 3 months City: Woolwich, Greater LondonPay rate negotiable for the right candidate
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Principal Traffic Engineer for the effective execution of specific engineering projects, functions or areas of work, as allocated, in accordance with the particular contracts / agreements and with all relevant statutory requirements.Key Responsibilities:
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via email@example.com by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDFIf you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
- Produce financial estimates and statistics for specific projects / areas of work / claims for payment.
- Monitor progress and expenditure on specific projects/areas of work.
- Operate within the financial limits and budgetary arrangements of the Directorate, including compliance with all systems set up for the recording of staff time allocation, expenditure, income and associated financial transactions and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of Conditions of Contract, Specification, Bills of Quantities and Schedules of Rates and other tender documents relating to the contract or agreement with the client.
- Take personal day-to-day responsibility for the effective execution of own work and that of any junior staff or subcontractors for whom the postholder is responsible, the achievement of professional standards and the meeting of deadlines.
- Carry out a variety of engineering work as required, e.g. the examination and interpretation of reports and surveys, design of the less complex engineering schemes, production of drawings, undertaking and analysis of local consultation, determining the choice of methods and materials, the vetting of sub-contractors tenders/quotations and recommendations for acceptance.
- Ensure that in executing contracts/ agreements (or parts thereof) all specifications are met and that levels of performance, quality targets, budgetary constraints and any other statutory requirements are achieved.
- Where appropriate, supervise more junior staff and in their on-the-job training.
- Answer correspondence and queries and deal with complaints as directed and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Write and present reports in connection with own work.
- Attend meetings with the general public and deal with questions as requested.