Role: Principle / Associate Structural Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience + benefits.
This role offers a Hybrid working Pattern and flexible working hours.
Experienced Structural engineers are needed to join my clients, a global leader in engineering, Design and Advanced Technology (D&AT) practise. You will be working on projects that are mostly based out of their Glasgow office, but you may also have the chance to work somewhere else in the UK or abroad.
This is the position youve been looking for if you are a well-rounded Structural engineer who is technically proficient across all core engineering disciplines, who possesses exceptional communication skills, and who has experience leading teams and delivering projects. The role will support projects in a variety of sectors, including transportation, energy, and defence.
You will be responsible for:
• Coordinating and undertaking technical team projects in structural engineering.
• Creating briefings, task scopes, and contributions to bid proposals.
• Handle time and money effectively for important project milestones and programmes.
• Providing integrated design solutions by collaborating closely with teams in the UK and abroad.
• Following guidelines for quality control in design.
Your qualifications and skillset will include:
• Chartered Structural engineer with a proven track record of success.
• Knowledge of how to deliver designs, including working with other disciplines to create multidisciplinary designs.
• Solid understanding of current design standards and working procedures, including both British standards and American codes, as well as the design and analysis of heavy concrete and steel structures.
• Expertise in leading a design team.
• Effective competitive tendering and business growth experience.
• Accept accountability and responsibility for the work that the individual or the team completes.
• Develop relationships and work well with others, including the client team, representatives from various specialties, and contractors at all tiers (younger to senior), both inside and outside the company.
• Be self-driven to achieve deliverables of the highest calibre.
• Experience negotiating and working with regulatory, statutory, and local bodies, as well as other key project stakeholders.
• Produce designs in accordance with CDM guidelines.
• Strong communication, self-reliance, presentation, and persuasion abilities.
Key Requirements (desirable):
• Experience working in the nuclear industry, especially with designing and implementing safety-related systems, components, and structures (strongly welcomed, although amount of overall experience will also be taken into consideration).
• Strong QA and change management processes experience.
• Possess experience leading younger employees.
• Digital abilities or a desire to learn are essential.
You will receive:
• Competitive Pay
• 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays and a chance to buy further days.
• Possibility of a Company Car (c. 5K)
• High ranging training portfolio and development activities
• Gym Membership Discounts
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
• Company Pension and Death in Service scheme
If you are a Senior or Principal Structural Engineer looking for a new role, a step up in career and are ready to open the door on a wealth of new opportunities please reach out and apply.
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on or email