Do you want to apply your expertise for a cause you can feel good about? Do you want to work for an organization that wants you to grow with it and offers tuition reimbursement, certification training, and a chance to learn about multiple industries? Come work for the Town of Leesburg, hometown of the 21st century! Located 35 miles west of the nation's capital in the heart of DC's Wine Country, you'll enjoy a vibrant and authentic community with "big city" amenities. The Town of Leesburg strongly encourages innovation, promotes career development, and offers excellent benefits to employees. Benefits include membership to the Town's full-service recreation center, enrollment into the Virginia Retirement System, excellent healthcare insurance, and other fringe benefits.
For a more detailed job description, please visit the Town's Job Descriptions page.
Who We're Looking For
If you identify with the following descriptions, then you may be perfect for the Town of Leesburg:
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive self-starter
- Life-long learner
- Strong team player
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Effective communicator
- Desire to impart knowledge to others
- "Early adopter" of new technologies
- What You’ll Be Doing
This is a senior level position in the Office of Capital Projects. Position is responsible for professional construction management work to develop and implement the construction of the Town’s capital projects and other construction activities by the Town. Work involves overseeing construction projects within the Town, managing outside construction management firms, inspectors and contractors, reviewing construction plans for constructability and compliance with codes, regulations and Town standards and dealing with consultants, residents and developers regarding project construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in civil engineering construction or construction management
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Primavera, MS Project, or equivalents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
- Five to ten years experience in design and construction of civil engineering projects
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
The Town of Leesburg is committed to providing competitive compensation and benefits, and opportunities to grow one's career, all while making a significant impact on the operations and quality of life in a thriving community.
The Town offers competitive compensation, affordable health insurance coverage, participation in the Virginia Retirement System, an optional 457(b) retirement plan with a Town matching contribution, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), membership to the Town's full-service recreation center, an optional payroll Roth IRA, and generous paid time off. For more information on the Town's robust benefits package, please visit the Town's Employee Benefits page.