Provide leadership, management and supervision to all aspects of Public Utilities, including Water/Wastewater, Utility Engineering, Finance, and Administrative Services.
Up to $5,000 relocation available for those moving 50+ miles to join the premier community where people choose to live, work, and play!
Responsible for the overall direction including short-and long-range planning and program objectives of the Public Utilities department.
- In coordination with the managers, direct activities and programs of the department to ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations, rules, policies, and procedures, and that goals, objectives and standards are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Account for overall financial stability and cost containment of the department, through budget preparation, business planning and staffing plans. Performs periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Make presentations to the Board of County Commissioners, various citizen groups and the general public on county-wide utility system related matters; directs the development of documentation to recommend and support Commission actions; serves as the spokesperson for Public Utilities advocating the County's mission, vision, and values; serves as the liaison to County Administrator, Board of County Commissioners and other County directors and managers; liaison to Federal, State, and local government agencies, engineering consultants and contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Public or Business Administration, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related field AND ten (10) years of related experience.
- - OR - Master's degree with eight (8) or more years of experience.
- Six (6) or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Advanced professional certification.
- Previous work as a high-level manager.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment for a period of five (5) years.
About Everything Else
Starting Pay Range: $136,000.00 - $153,000.00, based on your experience
Full Position Salary Range: $118,476.80 - $175,156.80