Civil Engineering Intern – Transportation Infrastructure – Seattle
Please email resume and copy of unofficial transcripts to Chris Miles .
Our Parsons Seattle office is hiring for a Civil Engineering Intern for our Summer 2024 intern program, to join our team! In this role you will get to support various road and highway design engineering projects in the State of Washington, supporting projects for WSDOT and other regional clients.
This position is based in our downtown Seattle office . This program starts in early June 2024 for 10 – 12 weeks or more, and is fully compensated, with a flexible work schedule allowing for 40 hours weekly ,and some hybrid remote work ( meaning 1-2 days from home), when practical. The role will support mainly civil road and highway programs. This is a compensated internship, but Parsons does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internships.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will perform a variety of basic engineering support assignments that require a fundamental knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques.
- You will utilize a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, as-builts, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Will compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings
- Assignments are designed to help you develop a practical knowledge of the highway engineering discipline.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree or higher civil engineering curriculum at an accredited college or university and have completed at least two year of studies.
- Candidates should be at a Junior or Senior level in an Undergraduate Degree Program or enrolled in a Master’s Degree program.
- Literate in PC software, a working knowledge of CAD, and other computer software used to complete design assignments.
- A standing GPA of 3.0 or higher is desirable, but not required
- What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Solid aptitude for learning basic transportation engineering systems design
- Some experience with Autocad or Microstation training is preferred
- Good verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work in an office based is required and available to work full-time during the program.