Grid Connection Engineer - Renewable EnergyLondon
NegotiablePower Systems Engineer / Grid Developer Specialist - Renewable EnergyLondon Salary Details: 50,000 to 70,000 DOE
Our client is an industry leader in the renewable energy industry, offering a total solution for renewable energy projects. Launching the next generation of renewables, including solar, wind and BESS projects, contributing to a clean and sustainable future. They operate within project development, financing, construction, and operational maintenance. As part of continued and sustained growth, they are seeking a Grid developer specialist. In this role, you will be supporting the grid team in identifying and securing grid capacity both on the distribution level and national transmission level. Communication with DNOs and NGESO is key, the ideal candidate must have experience in power system analysis, experience liaising with a variety of stakeholders and be able to effectively work in a team environment.The following is an outline of the responsibilities:
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Identify and qualify grid capacity that are suitable for PV, Wind and BESS by undertaking the desktop power system analysis.
- Originate, submit, and managed the process of transmission and distribution connection applications.
- Gathering intelligence and analysing the existing and future electricity network available databases at transmission and distribution level to provide input into the location and electrical characteristics of new solar/wind developments.
- Engagement with NGESO and DNOs on pre-app meetings and budget offers.
- Submit G99 application forms.
- Generating SLDs using the Auto Cad and analysing the thirds party technical drawing.
- Review grid connection offers and advise the Management team on summarising costs, scope of work and technical aspects of the offer.
- Undertaking detailed cost analysis of the grid connection costs and implementing strategies to reduce and optimise the costs for connection.
- Manage project pipeline by communicating with DNOs / NGESO/ ICPs as necessary to track progress with development.
- Supporting ICP and EPC procurement processes from an electrical perspective.
- Working with OEMs to gather the information required for applications.
- Working with NGESO's connection portal, completing the application forms including DRC for specific transmission network opportunities.
- Running electrical/power system studies.
- Support due diligence activities for potential projects acquisitions and co-development portfolios that the company may acquire.
- Experience in a technical role working on electricity projects, including submission of grid connection applications at the distribution or transmission level.
- Electrical engineering background with experience in a technical environment.
- Working knowledge of the Grid Code /ENA G99.
- Experience with DIgSILENT Power Factory.
- Working experience with renewable energy assets.
- Experience liaising with external consultants and DNOs.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.