Job Title: Civil / Structural Engineer - Nuclear Safety ImplicatedLocation: Helensburgh, Argyll & ButeCompensation: £43,014.60+ BenefitsRole Type: Full time / Permanent Role ID: SF53422
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Civil / Structural Engineer -
Nuclear Safety Implicated (NSI) at HMNB Clyde.The role
As a Civil / Structural Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Conducting inspections on the building and civil engineering aspects of NSI and non-NSI facilities across the site.
Day to day, you'll assist the Senior NSI Engineer in maximising the utilisation of all the section's resource.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements.
- Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the NSI Engineering area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Conduct inspections on the building and civil engineering aspects of NSI and non-NSI facilities.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and ensuring that in and underwater inspections are conducted in accordance with requisite timescales.
- Assess and evaluate findings from inspections taking appropriate action to manage defects and/or any additional work to maintain the integrity of the facilities.
This role is based full time on site at Clyde, Faslane with occasional to our Clyde, Coulport site.Essential experience of the Civil / Structural Engineer
- Experience of assessing, monitoring and reporting on the condition of building structures and fabric
- Comfortable working at height and within confined spaces
- Good communication skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Occasional travel to RNAD Coulport is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essentialDesirable experience of the Civil / Structural Engineer
Qualifications for the NSI Civil / Structural Engineer
- Experience of assessing, monitoring, and reporting on the condition of maritime and civil infrastructure
- Commercial Diving Project Awareness
- Knowledge of EN Eurocodes
- Knowledge of BS6349: Maritime Works
- Knowledge of JSP 482 - MOD Explosives Regulations
- Minimum of HND level qualification in Civil Engineering or similar
- Chartered or approaching membership of a relevant Engineering institution (ICE / IStructE etc.) would be desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 02/10/2023