Vacancy: Senior Structural Engineer - Edinburgh
Boyd Recruitment are currently recruiting on a permanent basis for an independently owned engineering consultancy in Edinburgh. Due to a growing workload within their Building Structures team, our client is currently looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to join the Edinburgh Office.
Our client operates across several markets and offer full in-house design services to the commercial, leisure, manufacturing, and education sectors.The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UKs leading private Engineering Consultancies. The Job
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will have the following duties:
The Person & Benefits
- Leading projects in the office from small to medium scale.
- Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meet Client objectives.
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry, and timber.
- Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Prepare high quality technical reports including structural surveys.
The role of Senior Structural Engineer offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- 5 to 6 years post degree experience and nearing professionally qualified or have obtained incorporated or equivalent professional institution status.
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types (steel, concrete, timber, and masonry experience preferred).
- Experience in the use of Eurocodes.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills.
- Experience of structural analysis design and software.
If you are interested in this Senior Structural Engineer position, please call Lorna at Boyd Recruitment on 07765292201 or apply direct online attaching an up to date CV.