Principal Civil Engineer - Water Treatment
Apply now Job Description
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
You will lead a talented multidisciplinary team of technical specialists in the delivery of a diverse range of medium-to-large-scale water and wastewater projects. We work on design projects for many of the UK water utility companies, as well as providing specialist consultancy services to many regulated and industrial clients. You will also work with Account Leads and Resource Managers to develop and implement the growth plan to support our clients in delivering their Capital Programmes.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Programme and financial management of medium to large sized projects.
- Managing the civil design and integration with other disciplines.
- Managing and contributing to the preparation of design deliverables to achieve the correct time / cost / quality balance for the project.
- Business development including providing specialist support to our Account Leaders and Practices and leading on proposals and tenders in the water and wastewater fields.
- Strategic planning to meet growth targets for the Treatment sub-sector in the north of the UK.
- Line management responsibility for a number of engineering staff, playing a key role in their professional development.
We are seeking a Chartered Civil Engineer who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Able to lead and successfully deliver multidisciplinary projects.
- Advanced understanding of engineering principles with up-to-date knowledge of industry design guidance, legislation, best practice and products.
- A working knowledge of water and wastewater treatment process design, geotechnical engineering, structural design and hydraulics.
- Strong communication skills to interact with other disciplines and clients, and to develop and promote the team.
- A team leader capable of managing and motivating individuals to consistently deliver.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks.
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions.
- Effective strategic planning and organisational skills
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job Profile
Our water sector specialists are passionate about tackling the challenges of ageing infrastructure, population growth, water scarcity and climate change.
Our highly successful water consultancy business is servicing ever-increasing demands from water sector clients to help deliver ambitious capital programmes. As a result, we have an opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer with effective project management, leadership and strategic planning skills to lead and grow a team to service clients in the northeast and northwest of England and Scotland.
The successful candidate will need to be inspired and energised by contributing to an organisation thats providing solutions that achieve a sustainable approach to growth, balancing environmental and societal needs
If so, we have an exciting new role in Mott MacDonald that could be what youre looking for.
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonalds Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Packaged vary depending on the country of employment
#LI-TP1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now