Principal Civil Engineer Water Pipelines and Networks
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that
As principal Civil Engineer Water Pipelines and Networks we are looking for someone who can:
- leading the delivery of wastewater and/or potable water pipeline schemes to budget, programme and quality standards
- Producing and reviewing engineering calculations, specifications, drawings and reports
- Technical leadership across out programmes of work
- Feed into establishing project programmes and budgets
- Manage a team of civil engineers withing the pipeline and network team,
- Assure technical/professional quality of work
- Directing and developing a team of design staff, supporting their professional development
- Working collaboratively across disciplines to ensure the efficient delivery of projects
- Contributing to commercial success through forecasting and risk management, and the production of bids and proposals
- Proactive management of design risk to deliver constructable design solutions
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Principal Engineer with the following attributes:
- Chartered or Incorporated Civil engineer
- Significant technical experience in clean / potable water pipeline design and pumping/booster stations and/or wastewater network and associated infrastructure design
- Proven ability to lead a portfolio of technical projects, ensuring compliance with relevant quality assurance and technical standards and support the development of less experienced staff
- Knowledge and experience of use of different pipe materials and installation techniques
- Significant UK water infrastructure experience
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary water pipeline and networks projects with other technical disciplines including environmental specialists, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical engineers
- You will have a good understanding of designers responsibilities under CDM
- Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to be able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, to colleagues, non-technical staff and clients
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
- Able to travel to other offices and sites, as required
- Understanding of network management, meter and valve installations
- Understanding of pipeline commissioning, and clean water pipeline survey techniques
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job Profile
Mott MacDonald are currently delivering a growing portfolio of work with key water company clients. We have established ourselves as a key supplier and have delivered a wide variety of interesting projects.
We are expecting that several clients will be coming to the market shortly to tender for their AMP8 consultancy framework and are investing in positioning for these frameworks.
We are looking for a new Principal Civil Engineer for pipelines and networks, someone who is keen to support the development of the civil engineering team as we move towards AMP8 and to take a leading position through AMP8 and beyond.
It is anticipated that this person will have previous experience in leading and managing projects and programmes of work and as such, they will be responsible for managing larger and more complex projects.
The role is expected to develop and evolve in line with the framework requirements and the candidates own skills and development areas.
The Principal Civil Engineer is responsible for the civil design deliverables being delivered successfully by Mott MacDonald and meeting its technical/professional and contractual obligations. They will need to have the ability to seek advice and actively managing the project whilst identifying ongoing improvements and learning and implement appropriate changesAbout the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonalds Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
#LI-TP1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now