Vacancy: Principal Structural Engineer Edinburgh
Boyd Recruitment are currently recruiting on a permanent basis for an independently owned engineering consultancy in Edinburgh. Due to a healthy forward workload our client is currently looking to appoint a Principal Structural Engineer to join the Edinburgh Office.
Our client operates across several markets and offer full in-house design services to the commercial, retail, residential, and industrial sectors.The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UKs leading private Engineering Consultancies. The Job
As a Principal Structural Engineer, you will have the following duties:
The Person & Benefits
- Leading on small to large scale developments projects.
- Preparation of site appraisals feasibility and pre-planning assessments of building structures and associated infrastructure.
- Manage and review reports, designs and drawings completed by team to ensure consistent high quality and compliance with design standards, industry best practice, contractual obligations, and client expectations.
- Liaison with clients, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Attendance at design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Project management, team management and budgetary control.
- Business development through client liaison, networking and preparation of bids and proposals.
- Deliver work in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and Quality Management procedures.
- Manage the inputs from other in-house discipline teams and sub-consultants.
- Provide technical leadership, providing support, mentoring and guidance to developing team members.
The role of Principal Structural Engineer offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors or masters degree in Structural Engineering
- Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE) with 3-5yrs post chartered experience, or 15 years total experience since graduation.
- SER Certifier status preferred. Full support and training will be given to progress towards Certifier status, if required.
- Excellent knowledge of building structures and infrastructure design at concept, feasibility, and preliminary level.
- Good knowledge of relevant policy and design standards (e.g. Planning, Building Warrant).
- Experience in the design of building structures with a working knowledge of Scottish Technical Standards, together with the ability to balance several projects and meet project timetables.
- Proven reporting, written and verbal communication skills will be required, together with an ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
- Full clean driving license
If you are interested in this Principal Structural Engineer position, please call Lorna at Boyd Recruitment on 07765292201 or apply direct online attaching an up to date CV.