Safety & Environmental (Safety)
12 Month Contract initially
Filton Based (On site 2-3 days per week Hybrid)
£62.56 per hour Umbrella Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Filton. 2-3 days per week on site Hybrid.
The Principal Engineer (Product Safety) shall:
- Derive and manage Product Safety requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain the Safety Management System
- Produce and manage Project Safety Management Plans
- Lead Product Safety hazard and risk identification, management and assessment activities
- Provide Product Safety engineering advice to the wider BAE Systems community
- Oversee the administration and management of the Project Hazard Log
- Influence the construction and delivery of the Project Safety Case including Safety Case reports
- Support the production of training material to support training delivery
- Deliver training to the Product Safety and Environmental domains and the wider BAE Systems community
- Lead engagement with internal and external customers, ensuring that their requirements are fully considered and adequately supported where appropriate and agreed
- Produce, present and articulate clear and logical technical safety arguments
- Complete peer reviews, checking, verification and assurance tasks to demonstrate the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation
- Oversee and peer review junior rules in the Product Safety team.
- Understand the application of wider Safety Case, Quality and HSandE Management System documentation
- Support the appropriate meetings and Working Groups
- Chair hazard identification meetings
- Support the development of realistic programme status updates, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- Lead appropriate meetings and Working Groups
For more information, Please contact Lauren Morley at JAM Recruitment or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn