RPS continue to do important work as we support our clients across a broad range of projects across a variety of sectors including logistics, battery manufacturing, data centres and healthcare. As part of our growth, we are now recruiting for a Principal Engineer to join the business, working closely with our dynamic team in Newark but with a flexible working pattern. This is an exciting opportunity for a Principal or Senior Civil Design Engineer with a good understanding of building structures to become more than just a number and develop their career.
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you'll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you'll be supported every step of the way. What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- As the project lead, efficiently coordinate the production of detailed drawing and specification output applying expert technical knowledge in line with relevant legislation and industry standards
- Perform project and drawing / model reviews to ensure technical requirements are achieved
- Perform review of design calculations & basis of design assumptions relevant to role
- Technical and design point of reference for the team
- Technical specification and accurate report writing
- High quality of design output working efficiently and overseeing the quality of technical / design output of junior colleagues
- Review and comment upon consultants' and contractors' design proposals relevant to role
- Ensure team compliance with BIM protocols and office drawing standards, attend, and contribute to project and technical meetings with colleagues
What's in it for you?
- Expert in the application of relevant design software
- Excellent technical knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
- Good commercial awareness and project management skills
- Relevant degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent Level 6 qualification
- Ideally Chartered or Incorporated with relevant professional body
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number, you're part of the solution.
#LI-PK1 #LI-REMOTE #LI-HYBRID What happens next?
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we'd love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and we will try our best to respond to you within three working days.
If you'd like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Parv Sandhu at RPS