Description and requirements
Our ICE accredited Graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where youll have the freedom to learn and progress, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. The role
As a Graduate Engineer with our Cementation team, you will have the opportunity to experience the whole life cycle of a piling and foundations project, on a Rotational Programme. From tendering and estimating for projects, through to delivery as a Site Engineer, you will development your geotechnical knowledge whilst experiencing civil engineering projects. What youll do:
- Work as part of a team on-site, in the delivery of often challenging and complex geotechnical projects, taking responsibility for programme and quality management, logistics and problem solving.
Who you are:
- Liaise with clients and a variety of professionals including principal contractors, consulting engineers and other sub-contractors.
- Work with our in-house Technical Design team, in developing knowledge in most aspects of pile and retaining wall design, along with Ground Engineering techniques.
- Understand how we tender for work and preparing estimates with our Pre-construction team.
- Work alongside our Quantity Surveyors, to develop your commercial acumen.
- Commit to the requirements of Skanskas environment and health and safety policies.
What we offer:
- Studying towards or having completed a Civil Engineering or Geotechnical degree
- You will need to be flexible with locations as our projects are based nationwide
- Values driven, passionate about sustainability and building for a better society
- Committed to personal development and achieving chartership
- Enthusiastic to shape the future of construction with Skanska
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
- Professional networks and mentoring to ensure success
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development mentoring
- Opportunities to volunteer at least one day per year
- Competitive benefits package
The graduate programme provides a pathway to develop a complete skill set, developing both technical and interpersonal skills. The programme includes interesting courses and on-the-job learning.
As part of the graduate programme, teams will embark on digitalisation and social value projects. These projects provide exposure to graduates and senior colleagues in the company and build a strong professional network whilst improving the business.Start date:
September 2024Application deadline:
16th November 2023Rotations
You will be required to undertake placements in different locations (site and office based across the UK). These will range in duration from 1 month up to 9 months and you will receive additional allowances, on top of your basic salary, to assist with the cost of staying away from home or relocating.
Some of the office-based placement can be carried out from home if that is something you would like to do. The rotational nature of this programme will give you exposure to an exciting portfolio of piling projects as you experience all stages from tendering to delivery. This will make you a well-rounded engineer and help you in achieving your chartership.
Our previous Graduate Engineers have enjoyed meeting lots of new people, exploring new cities, and seeing the range challenges presented across the UK. About Cementation Skanska
Our Cementation operating unit is an internationally recognised specialist and one of the UKs leading piling and foundation contractors. Operating in almost every sector, we deliver projects of all sizes across the UK centred around geotechnical solutions and techniques.
Innovation is a key factor in our success, and we use the very latest digital engineering technology to deliver our solutions.
We work on multiple projects from buildings to complex infrastructure. Recent projects have included the London City Airport expansion, at Haymarket, Edinburgh, and the A1 road upgrade near Newcastle. We have over 100 years of experience and our level of skill extends to all aspects of geotechnical engineering, from micro piling to diaphragm walling.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
To build on the foundations of your civil or geotechnical engineering degree, apply below and help us build for a better society.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.Equal opportunities
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska. Flexible working
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role. Reasonable adjustments
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application. More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: Closing date
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.