Senior Geotechnical Engineer
37.5 Hours a week
£50,000 - £65,000
- Work with the team to share expert geotechnical knowledge with our clients civil design team and give ongoing project support as needed.
- Help colleagues and clients with your technical skills.
- Check project risks and take part in hazard workshops.
- Team up with design managers and work with other design groups.
- Put together and review ground investigation plans.
- Visit sites during ground investigations and ask for lab tests when necessary.
- Collaborate with tech experts to create best practices.
- Willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites and carry out surveys in railway possession from time-to-time.
- Holder of a Civil Engineering degree and Chartered status
- Background in civil design, preferably in a consultancy setting.
- Prior involvement in infrastructure projects, particularly in the rail or power sectors
- Proficiency in relevant software applications.
- Solid expertise of at least 10 years in civil structural projects involving essential geotechnical knowledge for design.
- Effective written and oral communication abilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Track record in securing projects, including risk assessment and management.
- Proven skill in supervising and mentoring staff.
- Confident presenter of ideas, viewpoints, and remedies.
- Adaptable and flexible work approach, fostering collaboration.
- Capacity to represent the company professionally during on-site inspections/surveys, even during unconventional hours.
- You will need to have a current clean driving license.
Please note to be considered for the role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.