Our clients, based in Waterlooville have an exciting opportunity for a Quality & Environmental Engineer to join their growing team.Responsibilities
Required skills & experience:
- To carry out all inspections such as first off, last off, incoming and outgoing goods, of detailed parts, assemblies and documentation in a timely and efficient manner, using mechanical or electronic measuring equipment.
- Responsible for verifying components meet specification and customer requirements using detailed drawings, the customers condition of supply, company procedures and layouts.
- Final release of parts to customer including raising and signing certificates of conformity
- Action and complete First and Last Article Inspection reports as per customer requirements.
- Responsible for the non conformance process. Interface with customers, suppliers and personnel on quality requirements and non-conformances. This includes reporting all component and documentation non-conformances using the appropriate documents and forms to the relevant Team Leader and Supervisor.
- Complete Production Orders and associated documents in relation to the component being Inspected/Released and maintaining relevant records. Verify that documents have been completed correctly by other employees and provide necessary feedback and training when required.
- Ensure the equipment being used is in calibration, accurate and fit for purpose and it is their responsibility to notify the relevant person/department if this is not the case.
- Update the Production Planner by updating it/providing information that is requested on it.
- Actively support and contribute to the continuous improvement programme and lean manufacturing projects such as applying the principles of 6S and Kanban to their work area and take responsibility for maintaining their own waste management.
- Help ensure the company follows and maintains the requirements of ISO14001.
- Quality experience within the aerospace or automotive industry would be ideal.
- Auditing experience
- Understanding of AS9100 / ISO9001