Senior Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a key member of the Civil Engineering team based in Belfast, the primary responsibility will be the design of civil engineering structures and elements and managing graduates to review and check and produce multi-disciplinary models and engineering drawings, predominantly for rail projects but also general civil engineering inputs in projects across a wide range of sectors.
Engineers will be assigned a mentor and will build on their academic qualifications and past experience with project related experience. This will typically be achieved through involvement in the following tasks:
- The use of proprietary design software packages including, for example, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, StormCAD and INFOWorks;
- Design opportunities in areas like Road Signage, VRS, utilities; Pavement, Cycleways, etc.
- Drafting of design drawings and models (2D, 3D and BIM);
- Specification of geotechnical investigations;
- Preparation of Specifications, Bills of Quantities, Contract Documents;
- Preparation of Tender documentation
- Report writing;
- Site inspections;
- Coordinating and reviewing project-related correspondence and incoming/outgoing data, reports and drawings;
- Preparing schedules and cost estimates;
Candidates should have the following experience and qualifications;
- Hold a Level 8 degree in civil engineering;
- Strong analytical skills and good first principles knowledge of roads/alignment/drainage design. Geotechnical Design/knowledge is desired but not essential;
- Experience in general Civil Engineering design;
- Experience in Rail sector desirable but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to integrate into an existing engineering team and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines;
- Demonstrable report writing and computer skills;
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis techniques in Microsoft Excel is essential;
- Previous work experience in a design role;
- Previous work experience in a coordination role;
- Be in the process of working toward Chartership
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job Profile
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, were helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Engineer to join our expanding Roads design team to meet current and future workload.
Our Belfast office continues to secure interesting and challenging projects in rail, education and water sectors as clients such as Translink, Irish Rail and Network Rail, Education Authority, Northern Irish Water and Irish Water and private sector clients press on with their investment programmes. About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors. #LI-AA1How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now