Tony Gee and Partners are currently looking for experienced Senior Transit / Structural Engineers to join our Toronto team.
The ideal candidates must be willing to help develop the capability of our Toronto office.
This role is a great opportunity be part of the growth of our Toronto office working on a portfolio of projects in Canada and internationally. Essential
- Minimum of eight years experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Minimum of five years experience in the design of civils infrastructure in a transit environment including the application of Canadian standards where appropriate, element design and detailing in a Metrolinx environment
- Minimum of three years experience in the design of bridges (including use of AREMA standards)
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering designs for rail and broad civil engineering projects
- Experience of bridge loading to AREMA and CSA S6.19
- Experience of steel and concrete design to CSA S6.19
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, foundations and timber design to CSA S6.19
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ideally worked as PEng on Metrolinx projects
- Good communication skills (in English) both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
Why Work for Tony Gee
- Professional Engineer (PEng) licence in Ontario
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. Theyre great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.