Senior Pipeline Design Engineer - Clean Water
Apply now Job Description
As a Senior Pipeline Engineer you will be a key part of our multidisciplinary team of technical specialists, delivering projects in close partnership with clients and contractors. You will lead the technical design of innovative and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal across our clients water networks.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance and technical leadership across our programmes throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies through to detailed design and construction support
- Leading the delivery of wastewater and/or potable water pipeline schemes to budget, programme and quality standards
- Developing engineering solutions to growth challenges, as well as complex trunk main burst repairs, bespoke design solutions for clean water asset repair and maintenance, mains rehabilitation, new meter and valve installations and development of asset condition assessments in a collaborative approach with the contractor
- Proactive management of design risk to deliver constructable design solutions
- Producing and reviewing engineering calculations, specifications, drawings and reports
- Supporting continuous improvement of procedures and processes to drive efficiency and innovation, contributing to the application of our digital engineering initiatives
- Directing and developing a team of design staff, supporting their professional development
- Engaging regularly with the Client and stakeholders to build and maintain positive collaborative relationships
- Working collaboratively across disciplines to ensure the efficient delivery of projects within your portfolio
- Contributing to commercial success through forecasting and risk management, and the production of bids and proposals
Mott MacDonald offers a highly innovative and collaborative environment within which to further develop your career.
We can offer development in technical, management or client-facing directions. You will have control of your own career path and great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.Candidate Specification
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Engineer with the following attributes:
- Chartered or Incorporated Civil engineer
- Significant technical experience in clean / potable water pipeline design and pumping/booster stations and/or wastewater network and associated infrastructure design
- Proven ability to lead a portfolio of technical projects, ensuring compliance with relevant quality assurance and technical standards and support the development of less experienced staff
- Knowledge and experience of use of different pipe materials and installation techniques
- Significant UK water infrastructure experience
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary water pipeline and networks projects with other technical disciplines including environmental specialists, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical engineers
- You will have a good understanding of designers responsibilities under CDM
- Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to be able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, to colleagues, non-technical staff and clients
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
- Able to travel to other offices and sites, as required
- Understanding of network management, meter and valve installations
- Understanding of pipeline commissioning, and clean water pipeline survey techniques
The Water Consultancy Division is the centre of excellence within Mott MacDonald for responding to water and wastewater delivery capability challenges, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. Our team continues to grow off the back of our sustained success in both the domestic and international water sector, for major utility companies and on high profile capital schemes.
We are looking for a Senior Pipeline Engineer to play a pivotal role within our water pipeline & networks team. In this role, you will lead the technical design of innovative, safe and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal, across our water utility clients network, vital to meet the ever-growing societal demands of development, population growth and climate change. Get in touch if you want to know more and are keen to be involved in the development of innovative solutions to solve these very real challenges.
Do you want to be part of an employee owned company where our unique independence affords us the opportunity to focus on projects that matter to us those focusing on delivering social outcomes and enhancing the environment, that harness digital innovation and that challenge our technical excellence? Working for a company like ours, with technical excellence at our core, offers you access to industry recognised experts in a variety of disciplines, to provide support and career development opportunities. At Mott MacDonald, we are a collaborative team, excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join us. For more information about our Water sector click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. There is the option for this role to be full time or part-time. We operate an agile working policy with the expectation that you will be present in your chosen office location more often than not, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonalds Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
#LI-TP1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now