AMS is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service partner with Arup to support contingent recruitment processes.
Arup are dedicated to sustainable development: They do socially useful work that has meaning, improves lives and shapes a better world. Their extraordinary collective provides expertise across all areas of the built environment from strategic approach and planning to design and engineering.
On behalf of Arup, we are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer
for an initial 6-month
contract based in Cardiff / Bristol / Winchester
or on a remote working basis
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Structural Engineer to enhance our Water team. You will provide structural design input and deliver practical solutions to a range of flood risk management and water and wastewater utility projects. We are looking for someone who relishes diversity of work, a chance to think outside of the box and deliver value and sustainable solutions. This role will be on projects focusing on Clean Water & Wastewater Treatment. It could be the design of Wastewater Treatment plans or Clean Water Infrastructure, Coastal or River Flooding Mitigation.
This 'West Water' team deliver projects for clients including Welsh Water, Thames Water, Severn Trent Water, Northern Ireland Water, Wessex Water, Natural Resources Wales, Environment Agency, and local government. Essential
- Chartered member of the ICE or IStructE or equivalent
- Significant experience of delivery within the water industry
- A pragmatic approach to structural design with the ability to utilise both hand calculation and analysis software
- Experience of reinforced concrete, structural steel and masonry design and the production of scheme and construction drawings
- The ability to assess existing structures and propose remediation and modification measures
- The ability to clearly communicate ideas to others without a structural engineering background -verbally and in writing
- A desire to learn, work in a team, and produce high-quality work you are proud of
- An ability to manage your own workload, whilst collaborating and supporting a diverse, dynamic team
- Experience of use and development of sustainable structural design approaches
- Design of flood defences, in particular flood walls and flood gate supporting structures
- Design of water retaining structures and other water industry assets such as shafts and tanks
- Use and experience of structural design and analysis software such as Oasys GSA, TEDDs, Excel or Robot
- Digital skills such as Python, FME, Grasshopper, Rhino
- Experience of writing structural performance specifications
- Experience of mentoring graduate civil engineers for simple structural designs
- Experience of supporting project management processes
If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the water, environmental and flood mitigation sectors and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model.If you are interested in applying for this Senior Structural Engineerposition and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.Different people, shared values
Arup believes that when talented people collaborate, great things are possible.
Taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in a purpose to shape a better world - Arup welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic.
Please let us know if you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments throughout your application and we will do everything we possibly can to support you.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.