Following several project wins in 2022 we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Geotechnical Engineer
to join our Geotechnical Engineering team in Edinburgh or Glasgow. The Geotechnical Engineering team provide a wide range of geotechnical design services across all project stages including feasibility studies, ground investigations, geotechnical interpretation, preliminary and detailed design, and construction supervision for geotechnical works. As part of the growing geotechnical team you will also contribute to and support the strategic growth within the renewables infrastructure market across Scotland and supporting the multi-disciplinary Northern Ireland business within RPS. About RPS:
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you'll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you'll be supported every step of the way. What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- Geotechnical data assessment, analysis, geotechnical design, risk assessment modelling and reporting
- Phase 1 geotechnical and geo-environmental desk studies
- Phase 2 Ground investigation procurement, supervision, field logging and sampling, monitoring and reporting
- Undertaking geotechnical design calculations in relations to the preliminary design of foundations slopes and earthworks.
- Supervising and monitoring of geotechnical related projects for infrastructure and land development projects
- You will have recognisable experience in undertaking surveys and reporting. You'll also be comfortable working alone and as part of a team with the following experience:
- Strong understanding of UK geology and geotechnical/soil mechanics principles
- Practical experience of site investigation and laboratory techniques
- Experience of geotechnical design
- Experience of site investigation techniques and soil and rock logging and use of associated software and analysis tools
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite and ideally geotechnical reporting, design software and 3D modelling
- Enthusiastic team player willing to undertake site as well as office-based work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents.
What's in it for you?
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or BSc/MSc in Engineering Geology or Earth Science with an Engineering Masters.
- Membership of appropriate body (i.e. Institution of Civil Engineers/Geological Society) and nearing chartered status
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number.
#LI-RM1 #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE