We are currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer toJoin our Water Technical business. As a Principal Engineer you will providetechnical leadership and guidance to a project team focused on deliveringpressure management solutions in the delivery of projects to ensure accurateand efficient project delivery in terms of quality, time and budget.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate good leadership,interpersonal and communication skills, drive our high-performance culture,working through our behaviours and our HR principles, and create a workenvironment that supports everyone to be and achieve their best. Why RPS?
We're a connected community, working together to achieveexceptional outcomes. We understand the need to work flexibly, empowering ourpeople to create a work life balance that's right for them. We also understandthe importance of collaboration and social connection in the officeenvironment. With agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, wetrust our people to find the right balance to meet client needs - this is aworkplace that works for you. RPS, A Tetra Tech company:
Representing an exciting new chapter in our business, on 24January 2023 RPS became a Tetra Tech company. With 27,000 employees in morethan 550 offices in more than 120 countries on seven continents, Tetra Tech isa leading, global provider of consulting and engineering services. As a TetraTech company, RPS is proud to offer our people market-leading development andproject opportunities, helping to solve some of the world's most complexproblems. About RPS Water Technical:
It's an exciting time to be working for our UK Waterbusiness as workload in the water market really takes off. With a broad portfolio of long-term frameworkagreements in place, we are ideally placed to help our clients deliver on thechallenges facing them over the coming years - whether that is reducingleakage, pollution and flooding, or improving the environment and levels ofservice to their customers.
Our Water business employs around 1000 highly skilled andmotivated people working on projects for all of the water and seweragecompanies across the UK, and most of the water-only companies. We deliver a full range of end-to-end waterand wastewater services including data collection and analytics; modelling andrisk analysis / optimisation; data visualisation and mapping; artificialintelligence and machine learning solutions; feasibility studies; outline anddetailed design of capital solutions; and development of optimised, risk based,operational interventions.
Come and join our team and truly make a difference to thefuture of water! Qualifications & Skills:
- Preferably Degree (Level 6) qualifiedin a relevant discipline, with postgraduate qualifications (Level 7 +) anadvantage.
Chartered Membership of an Institutione.g. MCIWEM C.WEM or demonstrable relevant experience.
- Proficient in MS 365 applications.
- Demonstrable experience in disciplinespecific network modelling applications such as InfoWorks ICM, InfoWorks WS Proor SynerGEE, with InfoAsset experience also beneficial.
- Experience of GIS software (preferablyMapInfo, ArcGIS, QGIS).
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- You will be expected to demonstrate significant experiencein a modelling or engineering background at either a consultancy, water companyor regulator.
- This will include managing a team of modellers / engineersto deliver multiple projects to client satisfaction and to meet projectobjectives. This will include the ability to, for example, scope surveys, builda model, verify a model, develop notional solutions, use model for analysis andwrite reports about the model. You will have experience of resource utilisationmanagement relating to project delivery management.
- You will have a proven record of delivering programmes ofwork to time, cost and quality in line with framework requirements and clientspecifications and to manage change control (deviations), strategic risk andopportunities.
lead a large project team to deliver work to clients.
- Guidance and support to less experienced colleagues workingwithin your project team and beyond
- Meet all responsibilities as outlined in the RPS HSE policyand management systems.
- Participate in and/or lead any training and safetyinitiatives implemented by RPS.
- Take responsibility for delivering toolbox talks to theteams.
- Be responsible for the delivery of multiple pressuremanagement schemes for specific client projects in accordance with projectobjectives (which you have agreed with the Client), undertaking and leadingprocesses in line with specific Client Standards and Specifications.
Take responsibility for delivery of a large project andprogrammes of work including:
- Feasibility studies / options development.
- Asset Performance Assessments / Reviews.
- Report preparation / drawings.
- Scoping surveys and scheduling of work for survey teamsand liaison during the projects
Action any changes that impact your projects which have beenagreed between the framework manager and the client.
Interact and lead communications with team members, as wellas other support staff, with the ability to provide clear and concise technicalguidance and mentorship to junior staff. You will also be expected to act in aprofessional manner in all communications and demonstrate adoption of RPS corebehaviours. What's in it for you?
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define,design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanisingand resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who shareour passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you'll be supportedevery step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career.
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level tomaster's degree level professional qualifications in leadership &management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning anddevelopment for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathwayputs you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far asyou want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, andstyles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the mostinnovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential andcontribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a companythat puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile officesand hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexibleworking. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not anumber, you're part of the solution.