Environmental Test Engineer Stevenage Salary:
Up to £55,000 (depending on experience) Package:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Environmental Test Engineer.The company are an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years. The Environmental Test Engineer role
As an Environmental Test Engineer in the Mechanical and Climatic Test Department you will be responsible for delivering varied and complex test campaigns on all Programmes, applying tests using cutting edge equipment and techniques. Test activities will include multi-shaker and multi-axis vibration (random, sine and mixed mode), high g shock, altitude, humidity and many other test conditions.
The Mechanical and Climatic Test Department consists of around 30 engineers. The team are proactive and dynamic as the workload can be very varied, with a wide range of products and tests to be conducted.This is an exciting time to join the team as we are undergoing a significant expansion in space and capability, with our new building due to be commissioned in 2024.
As a test engineer you will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the test programme, from initial costings through to a Test House Certificate certifying the work conducted. You will need to work in accordance with company and local quality procedures to ensure all testing is conducted to the required standard for missile development and qualification. You will also work closely with other teams who will conduct functional testing, equipment maintenance and test planning with your support. Environmental Test Engineer experience required: Essential:
- HNC/HND/Degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of mechanical structures and analysis
- IT Competence including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced using measurement equipment and devices including accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gauges, etc.
- Determined individuals that are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious and safety conscious in all activities
- Demonstrable experience leading or working as a team in the delivery of projects
- Previous experience using Siemens Testlab vibration control equipment or other automated mechanical test systems
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities. Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.