Project SCADA and Communications Engineer for Development and Construction (UK)
RWE Renewables UK Management Ltd.To start as soon as possible, full time, permanentYour future plans
- London, City of London, GB, EC2R 8HP
- You will work in a project-oriented manner and assume technical responsibility for the SCADA systems of the high-voltage and substations as well as for the generation & storage assets (WTG, PV and Battery) of our onshore wind farms and PV plants during the development and construction phase as well as the subsequent operational phases
- You support defining and preparing technical specifications
- You are responsible for checking the designs of contractors and suppliers
- You design system interfaces, develop and implement them further
- You are responsible for monitoring the quality and acceptance tests of the contractors and ensure that they are carried out and documented according to the specifications (FAT and SAT)
- You accompany complex commissioning activities of the suppliers and check their results
- You perform troubleshooting and maintenance of related systems with the operations teams
- You track the life expectancy of the associated systems and coordinate the actions to extend their life (upgrades, refreshes, replacements)
- You manage contractors who perform activities of design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting on the relevant systems
- You lead and drive SCADA projects to optimize monitoring and control functions and data availability
- You are an active member of an international team where knowledge, experience, achievements and lessons learned are continuously shared
- You facilitate good collaboration and knowledge sharing with other teams in the renewable energy business units
- University Degree or equivalent in a relevant technical or engineering discipline
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience and experience with SCADA systems
- Experience with control systems, automation, SCADA, PLCs, RTUs and IEDs
- Some experience with industrial communication protocols (especially OPC family, Modbus, IEC-104 and MMS) and their network-specific behaviors
- Experience in SCADA systems in fields of high-voltage and substations, wind turbines and/or solar plants and their infrastructure is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL server queries, experience in SQL server administration is a plus
- Ability to communicate clear and concisely
- Ability to conduct risk analysis and implement risk mitigation plans
- Ability to multi-task as needed and schedule according to project priority
- Experience or knowledge of cybersecurity requirements for critical infrastructure is a plus
- Fluent in written and spokenEnglish. Other languages like French, German, Italian Spanish and Polish are a plus
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 83432
Any questions? Please reach out to Lorena Vara
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
We look forward to receiving your application!
As one of the world's leading companies in the renewable energy space in Europe and Australia, RWE Renewables Europe & Australia is proud to be paving the way for a greener future. We've got over 1,400 employees, all developing and promoting renewable energies across 12 countries. They specialise in the construction of onshore wind turbines, solar plants, and battery storage systems. And they all share the desire to redefine how millions access energy.
We're well set to hit our 50 GW by 2030 target, and go climate neutral by 2040. That's thanks to our community of experts currently building Europe and Australia's largest onshore wind farms - as well as a pipeline of exciting projects across solar and PV. And the focus isn't just on harnessing clean energy - but also the new technologies that can push our GW ever higher.
Now, we're looking for more people with the skills and ambition to drive the energy transition. Join RWE Renewables Europe & Australia.
Your energy has impact, use it for good.
If you would like to stay informed about our latest activities, then feel free to visit our Website
or follow us on LinkedIn
We are looking forward to your online application.
You may add this job to your favourites.
Click here to have a look at your job favourites.