Infrastructure Engineer / Senior Engineer
£52,000 - Depends on how many years of experience
This excellent civil , transport and urban planning consultancy have opened up a civils team in their Cambridge office and are now recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join them and help roll out their extensive Infrastructure services nationwide. They specialise in providing commercially targeted technical solutions and policy matters across a wide variety of schemes and land uses, which includes residential, health, education, retail, energy, leisure and employment.
They are 400 strong across the business with 30 people in their Cambridge office.
- Agile and hybrid working is provided with flexibility and autonomy to create a work life balance that suits your own individual needs and a supportive working environment.
- Regular salary and position reviews.
- Contractual bonus scheme.
- 7% salary contribution towards your pension in a reputable scheme.
- Generous annual leave including several gift days during the Christmas period.
- Private health insurance scheme and life assurance for all their employees.
- Regular employee events - Social, CPD, fundraising, networking, conferences.
- Summer Days Out / Christmas Lunch.
- Annual Employee Conference Day.
- Reward Hub Discounts.
Civil Engineer Duties:
- The civil engineer will be working closely with the Infrastructure Team and Senior Director supporting the production of engineering designs for planning applications, detailed designs and construction of drainage, highways, street works and public realm, SUDS, and building drainage, for major infrastructure and residential, retail, industrial and commercial developments.
- The successful candidate will be involved in the production of drainage and levels strategies in support of planning applications (including flood risk assessment reports), as well as producing and issuing technical drawings for tender and construction purposes in accordance with the appropriate design standards.
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- HNC or BEng Civil Engineering degree.
- Consultancy/private sector development background with experience working on residential development.
- Experience with drainage designs, strategies and flood risk assessment for both private and adoptable works.
- Experience in the production of technical drawings for tender and construction purposes for a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Numerate and software literate including experience and knowledge of Microdrainage and AutoCAD.
- Experience of the legal, planning, and technical consent, adoption and contract procedures for the design and implementation of drainage in new developments and regeneration projects including S104.
- Experience applying the principles, design codes and standards set out in the SuDS Manual and DCG.