Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years' experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
- Act as the coordinator between the engineering design team and the construction team, facilitating effective communication and collaboration.
- Develop comprehensive plans for the installation of electrical equipment, considering operational constraints and anticipating potential issues.
- Demonstrate a practical vision by going beyond standard design conformity reviews and implementing an extensive review approach, which may involve creating a database or utilizing other tools.
- Provide support, as required, on other construction-related matters to contribute to the overall success of the project.
- Enhance Assystem's knowledge of EPR (European Pressurized Reactor) construction activities and collaborate with the Operational Excellence (OPEX) team to drive future project improvements.
- Optimize the delivery of Electrical installation activities by:
- ensuring compliance with technical and safety requirements
- being proactive during the preparation phase to limit the number of open points
- identifying associated weaknesses to mitigate issues
- engage proactively to minimize schedule impacts and costs.
- Review surveillance plans in alignment with project policies and documentation.
- Oversee the installation process, ensuring adherence to UK regulations.
- Monitor the progress of technical documentation approval and prioritize work accordingly.
- Engage with stakeholders to support the successful delivery of activities while maintaining compliance with UK regulations.
- Implement project policies, processes, and contracts to ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes.
- Coordinate and support the conformity assessment process.
- Generate regular progress reports to provide updates on the project status.
- Foster strong working relationships with HPC (Hinkley Point C), regulatory bodies, and the supply chain.
- Provide technical guidance and act as the decision maker on technical matters for projects and programs.
- Hold a degree in Electrical Engineering or possess equivalent relevant experience.
- Background in the construction / installation of electrical equipment.
- High levels of computer literacy are essential, with strong data analysis skills.
- Familiarity with BIM and tools such as Navisworks would be highly beneficial
- Several years of provenexperience in similar roles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Capability to translate operational experience and integrate it with OPEX strategies.
- Experience in the nuclear sector is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, for technical documentation and daily exchanges.
- Proficiency in French is an advantage.
The candidate must also possess the following behavioural skills to interact effectively with customers and suppliers:
- Ensure safety, environmental compliance, and regulatory adherence.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- Drive for achieving results.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Inspirational leadership and change management.
- Self-development and fostering growth in others.
- Holding oneself and others accountable.
If you are a highly skilled Electrical Construction Engineer seeking an opportunity to contribute to a prestigious project, collaborate with diverse stakeholders, and make a significant impact, we invite you to apply. Join our team at Assystem and become part of an innovative and rewarding work environment. Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people's ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.