Wind Resource and Energy Yield Assessment Engineer (Glasgow) | We're hiring! Wind Resource and Energy Yield Assessment Engineer (Glasgow)
- Department: Energy Technology
- Location: Glasgow
Description Job Title: Wind Resource and Energy Yield Assessment EngineerSalary range: £35,000 to £45,000 per annumLocation: GlasgowWorking Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.Closing date for this role is 10th October but we would encourage early applications
As industry leaders within Renewable Energy we support clients from detailed design through to project execution. We help our clients to identify, develop, and operate renewable energy projects. Through this range of engineering and project management services we are helping ensure the sector meets the ever-increasing needs of society for green, cheap, and reliable energy.
Offshore Wind and Floating Wind are core focus areas within our Renewable Energy division, where we support numerous developers, operators, and turbine and foundation OEMs throughout their projects' lifecycles. We have particular expertise in delivering industry leading research into research consortia such as the Offshore Wind Accelerator and Floating Wind JIP and using the developed methods to refine wind resource and energy yield assessments for developers.
Given the significant market demand for our skills, we are seeking a motivated and experienced Wind Resource and Energy Yield Engineer to help us deliver on our extensive portfolio of wind projects and further develop our services within the sector.
The primary focus of the role will be to support developers in resource and yield assessment and layout optimisation to support site selection, bids for leasing and for contracts for difference. You will also support wind farm operators in conducting operational assessments of existing assets to reconcile difference between actual and forecast performance, update predictions and identify performance issues.
This role provides an opportunity to combine project management and engineering skills. The candidate will be flexible in both supporting and leading services to clients, working with colleagues from across the company to deliver success. Furthermore, as a member of our team you will understand our wider service offering and have the opportunity to support some of our other key clients in conducting WTG modelling, technical assessments and assessing project level risks for an offshore wind farm across various project stages.
Frazer-Nash is a friendly and caring engineering consultancy, working across many industry sectors and client types. At Frazer-Nash, we want all our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us. Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our supportive team environment, the variety of work, and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Requirements The successful applicant will have:
• Demonstrable experience of conducting wind resource and energy yield assessments in a consultancy or developer organisation. This could be derived from some or all of onshore, offshore and floating wind developments.
• A degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline
• The ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams within organisations
• Good communication skills both with internal and external stakeholders
• Self-motivation and organisational skills to deliver independently and manage project work to quality, time and costIt is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
• Experience of using commercial or open source tools for wind farm performance prediction such as WindPro/WindFarmer/PyWake/FLORIS
• Experience of applying high fidelity simulations such as CFD to solve a range of problems within and outside of the wind industry
• Previous consultancy experience, including writing proposals, client liaison and business development
• Chartered Engineer status
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Benefits Happy to talk flexible working
With benefits to suit your lifestyle, we have a flexible approach to your location and working arrangements.
Discover more About us
Frazer-Nash is a leading engineering, systems and technology company.
Read more Can't find a suitable opportunity at Frazer-Nash at present? Please check out the other opportunities available within our parent and sister companies Check out the roles available at KBR Search the KBR Careers site Take a look at Harmonic's opportunities Visit Harmonic's careers page Apply Now #J-18808-Ljbffr