Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow. Your Impact:
As one of the world's most value resources, our team is solving some of the world's most complex water issues. Whether it's treating, distributing or storing water, Jacobs reaches across boundaries and collaborates to successfully deliver customized innovative solutions. We provide you the means and tools to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects to grow your career and help protect this valuable resource.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together. What is required:
The role will work alongside Senior Engineers, provide assistance on projects where required to further develop understanding of civil principles.
Here's What You'll Need:Qualifications
- You will assist in the development of Graduate Engineers, particularly training in the use of relevant software packages.
- You will work collaboratively with other team members to deliver goals and targets of the team, section and Performance Unit (PU).
- Attend client meetings where possible to gain an understanding of the relationships that we aspire to maintain.
- Represent the team at meetings and ensure tasks undertaken are understood completely before stating.
- Touch base with Team/Project Leads periodically to ensure that you are on the right track. Monitor time taken as well as forward workload to ensure that the Lead is aware of any upcoming capability. You will be expected to meet and balance scope of deliverables with time allocation.
- You will support your Performance Unit to ensure it can thrive in a global setting, encouraging cross-geography relationships in order to maximise the benefit of global delivery to our clients and our people.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Strong previous experience in a draughting role.
- Experience in a CAD Lead or Coordination capacity preferred.
- Experience in detailed design ofwaterinfrastructure projects
- Experience in the design management of waterinfrastructure projects.
- Well-developed use and understanding of Civil 3D modelling software, 2D and 3D CADD software would be advantageous.
- Understanding of safety in design practices and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
At Jacobs, we support your personal life and career journeys. From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions, we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working to help you uncover a working arrangement that delivers the flexibility, tools and space to maximise your potential.
We're the 2023 winners of the Consult Australia People First Award for our suite of employee benefits that support all our employees in all stages of their personal and professional lives.
For the 6th consecutive year, we've been named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (Australia). In New Zealand, we're a founding member of The Diversity Agenda and are committed to making our industry more inclusive and diverse. In Australia, our Reconciliation journey continues to be a considerable focus across all levels of the Jacobs community as we progress our Innovate level Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
Our Bronze Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI+ inclusion recognises our progress in creating an environment where our Jacobs employees can bring their whole selves to work.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we're inclusive, we're more connected, and if diverse, we're more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our eight global Jacobs employee networks centred on driving inclusion and diversity - ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and our Women's Network - find out more about our Jacobs Employee Networks here.
No matter what drives you, you'll discover a way to cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
We're an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply. Jacobs aims to provide cultural safety at our interviews. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are invited to nominate a cultural representative to participate on the interview panel; please let your recruiter know in your application. Accessibility
Please contact the team if you require support or reasonable adjustments regarding our recruitment process (for example, you need the application form in a different format). Don't meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people from marginalised or underrepresented backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Jacobs, we're dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align with every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.