Principal/Associate Civil/Structural Engineer page is loaded Principal/Associate Civil/Structural Engineer Apply locations GB.Belfast - The Vantage time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R-084373 Job Description
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin, is looking for an Associate Civil / Structural Engineer to join the Design and Advanced Technology (D&AT) Practice, to work on projects based principally in our Belfast office
but with opportunities to work at our own and our Client locations elsewhere in the UK and overseas.
Our people are focused on our routes to market and driven to deliver for our clients, improve efficiencies, develop and exploit cutting-edge technology, deliver safe and sustainable solutions, and develop our leaders of tomorrow. Working collaboratively, we pride ourselves on the safe delivery of technically excellent engineering solutions in the built environment, with the end-users in mind, to both external and internal clients. Our expertise covers the full infrastructure life cycle, from feasibility, planning, investigation, design, and supervision of new assets through to assessment, repair, modification, and rehabilitation of existing assets.
The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded civil engineer, technically competent across all core Civil Engineering disciplines, with exemplary communication skills, and who has experience leading teams and delivering projects. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
- The candidate must be willing to participate in the Practice and foster collaboration with colleagues. They would also demonstrate a commitment to and participation in the industry.
- The role will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
As an Associate Civil / Structural Engineer in the D&AT practice the successful candidate would have the following responsibilities:
Key Requirements (necessary):
- Undertake, and technically lead teams in Civil Engineering designs and Coordination.
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
Key Requirements (desirable):
- Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer with strong experience track record.
- Experience in design delivery, including coordinating with other disciplines in multidisciplinary design.
- Sound knowledge in design and analysis of heavy concrete and steel structures, and familiarity with current design standards and working practices, both British Standards and American codes.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Experience in business development and successful competitive tendering.
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business.
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies.
- Produce designs following CDM regulations.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
What we offer?
- Experience in the nuclear sector, particularly in the design and implementation of safety-related structures, systems and components (strongly preferred, but dependent on level of overall experience).
- Robust experience in change management and QA processes.
- Have experience mentoring junior staff.
- Digital skills or an appetite to learn is key.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Additional Information: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability. #DATWorker Type
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Similar Jobs (1) Principal/Associate Engineer - Civil locations GB.Belfast - The Vantage time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging-consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital-and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com