Strata Consulting are currently looking to recruit a home-based Civil Design Engineer to join a growing design consultancy based in Oxford. This is a small business which delivers civil engineering design consultancy across Oxfordshire and the North Cotswolds.
Perhaps you are looking to escape the corporate grind? Or looking for a smaller business with a tight-knit feeling and culture that a collaborative business brings?
They are looking for an ambitious Civil Engineer who can ideally demonstrate design experience in infrastructure and drainage, experience with flood risk assessment is a bonus.
The role is remote-based, as such you will predominantly be working autonomously although site visits will naturally be an aspect of the role.
You will also be adept with AutoCAD, and be well-versed in the preparation of notes and specifications sufficient for technical approvals and construction, ideally with experience of section 38/278 highway schemes and section 104/106 drainage schemes. What you need to succeed:
- Able to produce infrastructure design calculations, drawings & specifications
- Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage
- Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278, for highways
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations
- Contract management
- Report writing
- Site surveys
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Ideally Chartered with the ICE