Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Construction Products Development Engineer
Innishannon, IE Birmingham, GB An introduction to Etex
At Etex, our purpose is to inspire new ways of living. By joining Etex, you won't just be joining an international leader, you will inspire people around the world to build living spaces that are ever safer, more sustainable, smarter and beautiful. You'll be joining a company who wants to inspire change.
We are committed to making a positive human impact on the world. In return, we'll reward you by investing in your development and your personal well-being. Whilst our core values help us develop those effective and sustainable lightweight solutions we're known for, it's our people that matter most!
Our diverse and inclusive workforce always strives for excellence. We have over 100 years of experience manufacturing high-performance building solutions. Etex is a company that is committed to success - and when you join us, we'll be committed to you. About the role
We are currently recruiting a Construction Products Development Engineer on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing multiple building systems and products. These include offsite construction/MMC panelised and modular building systems manufactured from light gauge steel, hot rolled steel, concrete, and timber. Main duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct technical assessments on innovative construction products on behalf of certifying bodies.
• Provide expert knowledge and guidance on UK and Ireland Building Regulations to Evolusion clients.
• Provide technical advice to clients on Light Gauge Steel, modular and other innovative building systems and their ability to meet legislative requirements.
• Project Manage testing on behalf of Clients. This includes Fire Testing, Acoustic Testing, CWCT Testing, Structural Testing etc.
• Supervise the construction of test panels at the designated laboratories or the Clients factory.
• Witness the individual test in the designated laboratory (Ireland, UK or France).
• Review test reports to ensure they are in line with clients' expectations and requirements.
• Develop innovative construction products and building systems for Evolusion clients to meet their brief.
• Assist clients achieve certification of their products/building systems with the relevant certification bodies. BBA, BOPAS, SCI and NSAI
• Assist in developing the Evolusion business in Ireland and overseas.
• Contribute to the Evolusion brand and marketing strategy.
• Develop Intellectual Property within Evolusion.
• Plan and develop product development strategies for new and existing Clients. Candidate Profile
• To be successful in this role the candidate will have an honours degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Relevant demonstratable experience in Engineering/Construction consultancy
• Knowledge of Building Regulations and Certification bodies such as NSAI, BBA, BOPAS
• Ability to work with and build relationships with clients
• Competent in Microsoft Office - excel, word etc.
• Competent project management skills and reporting
• Revit and AutoCAD skills would be a bonus
• Commercially astute re project budgeting and time management Work Location
Evolusion Innovation Ltd., Cork, Ireland (Head Office).
UK Office based in Birmingham.
Additional travel may be required on occassion. Why work with Etex
At Etex, we might be leaders in modern, sustainable construction, but our people are our priority. We care about our teammates and they feel it. We are driven by a core set of values that permeates through everything we do. A passion for excellence drives us. Through dedication, innovation and adherence to the highest standards, we deliver the very best quality to our partners and customers.
We connect and care about those around us. We nurture teamwork, communities, partnerships and new ways of working, placing the highest importance on the safety and working environment of our people. When we combine these two elements, we are able to pioneer to lead. We actively seek to outperform and act as a leader in our ever-changing sector. We harness the power of sustainable construction and take responsibility for the impact our people, our operations and our legacy make on the world. We make a positive human impact - motivated by changing people's lives, improving the future of our planet and over-delivering for our customers.
Etex is a place for people who want to inspire change and build inspiring ways of living. What we offer
Our Social Responsibilities
- You'll be joining a company focused on your well-being - both professional and personal.
- We are the leading MMC/Offsite Construction Consultants which provides a very interesting, challenging and enjoyable work environment
- Our teammates are our greatest force; interaction, sharing and collaborating with others drives us.
- We live our core values; we translate them into actions with customers and teammates.
- We offer flexible working options including hybrid working (depending on role)
- Our core package at Etex includes:
- Additional holidays for long service employees
- Competitive salary & Performance based Bonuses
- Pension Plan
- Performance & Annual Salary Reviews
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Training and upskilling opportunities
- Bike to Work schemes
- Sports and Social Committee
Etex has a clear commitment to help build a better, sustainable future. We work towards this vision by caring about our social and environmental impacts and working on innovative solutions for the building industry.
Our ambition is to reduce negative effects and scale up positive impacts. We prioritise decarbonisation, including the use of renewable energy, as well as circularity, with a first focus on waste management.
We engage in a wide range of voluntary initiatives which offer support to local communities through partnerships and social projects. Our teammates know their local communities best, we are proud of the numerous projects and actions initiated around the world that are based on the awareness of their communities' needs. Commitment to diversity
We're incredibly proud of the community we've created at Etex. We form a global team of over 13,500 individuals from an enormous variety of backgrounds, races, faiths, and genders. Our diversity is our strength, and we are committed to ensuring that all of our teammates feel included and happy at work.
If you require any additional support with your application, please do not hesitate to get in touch so that we can make arrangements for you. Good luck with your application
As you have seen, our Teammates mean the world to us, they enable us to Inspire Ways of Living. If this role appeals to you, click apply now and discover how a career at Etex will help you learn, grow and lead. We look forward to hearing from you. Closing date for receipt of applications: 31st August 2023.