Job Description - Principal Electrical Engineer - Offshore Wind (LON0306)
Principal Electrical Engineer - Offshore Wind - LON0306
Company : Worley
Primary Location : GBR-GL-London
Job : Electrical
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting : Aug 31, 2023
Unposting Date : Sep 30, 2023
: 51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com Principal Electrical Engineer - Offshore Wind About Offshore Wind at Worley:
Worley has made a firm commitment to support the energy transition, and central to this is delivering on renewable energy generation. In order to facilitate this business level initiative, we're rapidly expanding our capabilities within the offshore wind sector and establishing an offshore wind Centre of Excellence.The newly formed offshore wind engineering team (part of the CoE) will bring experience and track record into our already highly skilled workforce and help deliver excellent value to our existing network of offshore wind developers, clients, partners and projects.
Worley's broader ambitions in the offshore renewable space extend from early stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCI packages. Role Context:
As Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer, you will be directly involved in delivering ongoing projects in offshore wind and the wider new energy business, contributing to bids and developing broader technical solutions for the business. This is a dynamic role that will require not only a firm technical understanding of electrical engineering, but also a willingness to work differently. As a fast-growing entity within the Worley group, the offshore wind engineering team will be looking to deliver projects using innovative business models and utilising existing, and developing new, digital solutions and design automation. Y ou'll supervise, and be supported by, a strong group of engineers and the wider pool of Worley resources. You'll be
- Responsible for electrical work scope in offshore wind projects with a focus on performance requirements tailored to meet the expectations of clients
- Preparing or reviewing technical specification of MV/HV cables and other equipment
- Supporting the team via virtual media and be involved in a team that works towards a common goal
- Identifying and managing key technical interfaces across various work packages where Electrical team is involved.
- Reviewing vendor and subcontractor documentations and evaluate against company requirements or specifications and local standards.
- Managing changes in scope in a controlled manner, assess their impact on project scope, schedule, budget, and risks
- Supporting our proposal teams for EPC(i) proposals for offshore substations
What we offer you
- Extensive & relevant work experience on technically complex and high-value High Voltage projects in offshore wind
- Very good leadership, communication, and negotiation skills with proven ability to work on complex technical projects and leading multidisciplinary and culturally varied teams
- Documented experience with transmission projects, its influence on operation, and performance of a transmission system including the design, configuration, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of (offshore wind) transmission systems
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering combined with proven professional experience in design and engineering
- Current and demonstrable experience with HV cable works, HV substations or correlated construction activities as well as project management principles
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.