Our client isEPCM and owners engineer in construction of over 45MW of peaking power plants in the North East, Midlands and East Anglia and have a number of sites in the pipeline to construct over the coming 12-18 months across the UK.
They are looking for a Project Manager/Engineer to work in the control and management of power plant sites as owners engineer. This role is expected to manage projects through tendering, construction and into operation ensuring commercial and technical success.
Future opportunities to grow skills and responsibility and branch into further areas of the company including project development and operations management will also be available.
This opportunity would suit an engineer with experience in the construction project management or operations engineering who is looking to take on responsibility and grow with the company.
Key areas of responsibility (list main priorities)
- Project Management of delivery projects
- Production of functional specifications, contractor selection and ensuring that all supporting scope is delivered on time.
- Manage suppliers of engineering services across all technical disciplines.
- Solving and implementing engineering issues arising through project delivery
Day-to-day duties of the position (general duties)
- Developing and reviewing tender documents, both for consultants and construction works
- Contract management of suppliers
- Management of external consultants
- Understanding project risks and co-ordinating mitigation activities
- Carrying out Technical Assurance checks and audits of contractor activities and outputs through the Detail Design and Construction phases of projects
- Conduct site and paperwork Audits and enforce safety working practices
Skills and Competencies Required for the Role
- Experience of working with in a diverse team to maintain reliable operation of multiple sites.
- A pragmatic and practical approach to deliver in a cost-effective manner.
- At least 3 years of experience in a project engineer or operations engineer role
Experience on the following is desired:
- Commercial and contract experience
- Understanding of power project economics.
- Knowledge of MF1 or similar model contracts
Qualifications Required (particular degree, apprenticeships and any site passes required)
- Engineering Qualification - HNC/HND or higher
Salary and Benefits (list min to max salary + bonus packages, holidays, any other perks)
- £40-55k salary dependant on experience
- 25 days a year holiday
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
Additional info: Hours, where based, is driving licence required, any time away from home etc
- This job would require mobility to get to various project sites so a driving license is required and preferably a car
- We are a flexible working organisation, which would allow mutual pragmatic approach to working patterns, but may also include occasional out of normal hours working.
- Remote working is possible. However, it is expected the candidate will visit our main office in Teesside a few times a month.
The NRL Group connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. Supporting contracting companies with their energy transition plans and working with our clients to build a cleaner, greener future.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. We're proud to hold the Inclusive Recruiter certification from the Association of Professional Staffing Companies. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role. #J-18808-Ljbffr