Posted on 28 September 22 by Ebeni RecruitmentEbeni Ltd
is a dynamic business, providing expert services in Safety Engineering, Cyber Security, Safety Management and Risk Management. Our teams deliver cost effective solutions for major blue-chip companies such as UK Ministry of Defence, NATS and Network Rail. Ebeni is involved in engineering projects and programmes in the Defence & Aerospace, Aviation, Rail, Nuclear, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Cyber & Digital sectors.
Ebeni is a people-centric
company, respecting individual aspirations as well as promoting benefit to all: customers, employees and society. Our people, their skills, knowledge and experience, are our most valuable asset. We take pride in our reputation and recognise it is built on the commitment and dedication of our people.
We treat people well, help them to develop and aim to provide a rewarding working life. Our success depends on motivated, committed, trusted employees, who feel they play a part in helping the business grow.The Role
Ebeni's Aerospace & Defence Business Unit are looking to recruit a bright, dynamic and energetic Functional Safety Engineer
with civil aerospace knowledge to engage directly with our electric vertical take-off and landing vehicle (eVTOL) customers producing key safety deliverables via the application of appropriate regulatory requirements.
The role provides opportunities to manage and contribute to civil aerospace programmes in a number of key areas; ranging from aircraft and system safety engineering and analysis, through to Certification and Operations.What Ebeni Offers
Working at Ebeni brings the opportunity for development in a wider skillset beyond just technical disciplines. As a growing team, individuals are involved in finding new opportunities, bidding jobs, writing and developing proposals, going on to deliver technical work alongside effective project management controls and oversight.
Our people embrace the chance to be involved in the complete scope of consultancy life and see this as a route to develop additional professional and interpersonal skills whilst applying their technical knowledge.
We offer competitive salaries, have offices in Corsham and Warrington but are flexible on location. We also offer hybrid working arrangements.Key Responsibilities
What we are looking for in candidates
- Undertake functional safety analysis via application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Interface/liaise with system designers, Regulatory/Certification bodies, Operators, Systems Engineering throughout development lifecycle regarding safety.
- Identify and create evidence to support system assurance, using safety related activities to support the traceability of system safety requirements, to implementation and operation.
- Perform hazard analysis to define safety requirements and detailed systems analysis, to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Develop safety arguments and draft safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including identification of appropriate evidence to show safety arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Support clients with specification, development or delivery of their safety case programs.
- Assist in proposal and client development and resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks, within allocated timescales/hours.
- Carry out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
We want engineers with a minimum of 3 years' experience in the civil aerospace sector including:
- University educated with a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline
- Demonstrable experience of the application of safety and risk engineering processes to identify hazards and vulnerabilities, author safety cases and justifications, assess risk and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level e.g. FHA, SSA, CCA (ZSA, PRA, CMA).
- Experience in the application of safety analysis techniques including FTA, FMEA/S, MBSA.
- Knowledge of the civil aerospace certification processes including CS-23, CS-25, CS-27, ARP4761. ARP4754A.
- Experience of working directly with clients with an ability to present information and findings in either a clearly written and structured report or presentation format.
- Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with clients and colleagues. To work effectively, professionally and proactively with people, in face-to-face meetings and through interaction by video calls, telephone and email.
- Attention to detail with an ability to work in a methodical manner and deal with complex situations.
- A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with focus on delivery and excelling expectations.
- Able to communicate across all levels of the company. Are articulate with an ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
- High level of drive and enthusiasm; flexible and positive attitude; adaptable and resilient.
It is essential that you
- Are willing to travel to client sites, as and when required.
- Are willing to be Security Cleared.
- Ensure business is consistently delivered in accordance with Ebeni's core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an initial virtual interview i.e., Microsoft Teams or Skype or where this is not possible, by telephone. We will provide notice in advance and further details at that stage. Position
: Safety Engineer - Civil AerospaceLocation
: Corsham, hybrid working and/or home-workingContract type
: 37.5 per weekSalary range
: £40,000 to £50,000 per annum - dependant on experienceEbeni Ltd is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.