About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people's lives with work under-pinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
- Reporting to Associate
- You will provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to junior engineers and technicians
- You will be part of the Civil & Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Advisory Group, and will also provide specialist support and advice as required to other offices and Business Lines' projects.
Overall purpose of the role:
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will lead and coordinate a design team responsible for the technical development and management of civil & drainage design projects. Technical duties:
- Technical responsibility for ensuring designs are delivered in accordance with current standards & best practices.
- Preparation of designs for civil/ utilities/ pavement and drainage schemes, from initial feasibility, planning schemes, concept through to detailed design.
- Production of design calculations, checking and reviewing of calculations prepared by others.
- Producing Microdrainage designs for below ground drainage, including schedules
- Producing sketch drawings and designs for development by technicians, checking and reviewing prior to issue.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents and specifications.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to graduate engineers and technicians.
- Maintain awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that they are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- Develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit clients.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
This role might be right for you if:
- Proven technical track record and ability with previous engineering and design team experience;
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group;
- Good communicator (written and verbal) and strong communication skills
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering (Preferred)
- Competent in the use of Micro Drainage software
- Experience of SUDS and pumped drainage systems
- Experience of surcharged outfalls
- Drainage Designs, mainly industrial but highways experience useful
- Trade effluent design (experience of industrial / heavy industrial sites in particular would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of utilities and experience of interfacing utilities with both industrial sites and highway schemes
- Experience of DMRB design and Specification for Highways Work
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That's how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you're connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life