Pre-Construction EngineerContract Position based at:
£33.02 / hrLength of Contract:
Until 31.03.24INSIDE IR35Position Description
The GME Pre Construction Team, are seeking a highly motivated and engaged Pre-Construction Engineer to support our growing Pre-Construction Team, within the wider Infrastructure Department. Involved in all aspects of Manufacturing sites development, from 'New Build - Major Projects' to Refurbishments to minor works. You will assist in developing these new proposals, design concepts and programmes from Strategic Intent (RIBA Stage 0 - 3), through the full project lifecycle to commissioning and Handover. There will be a need to interface with a number of internal and external stakeholders, including all aspects of Health and Safety, Project Managers, Contractors and all relevant departments to deliver Projects in line with all KPIs. This role is a key position in the delivery of GME`s core strategic pre-construction works. However, knowledge of the full spectrum of delivery, from Feasibility, Procurement, Manufacture, Delivery, installation, commissioning, and handover is required to understand the key interactions.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Accountable for the delivery of the pre-construction activities to deliver infrastructure Projects within GME Manufacturing plants, using both internal and external contractor base.
- Drive a Zero Harm approach to safety in our designs and contractor performance. This will include a range of construction projects with various sizes including civil works, structural steel works, mechanical & electrical works, and general facility fit outs.
- Support the wider business planning, in scheme reviews, budget cost creation and justifications. Support the compliance with pre-construction regulations such as planning applications, building control and listed building consent as required.
- Support the GME Pre-Construction Manager in the development of key stakeholder relationships ensuring that GME is the primary source of all Infrastructure works. This will include stakeholders outside of GME.
- Support the GME Pre-Construction Manager with the development and maintenance of all Infrastructure standards within ME, ensuring they are aligned to support the Self-sufficiency operating model.
- Complete the pre-construction activities to facilitate the delivery of world class facilities and infrastructure, safely, on budget, on time and to agreed quality standards.
- Undertake any other work as directed by the GME Pre-Construction Manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
- Awareness of infrastructure / construction process (RIBA Stages).
- Project management and stakeholder management to cost, quality, programme.
- Experience in pre-construction design, cost estimation, planning, Feasibility studies, H&S awareness for construction, CDM Regulations.
- Previous experience and strong background of Infrastructure works from conception through to delivery and completion.
- Experience in pre-construction, design, planning, cost estimation and feasibility studies.
- Knowledge in contractor management and site installations, to deliver benchmark Site Safety performance.
- Clear understanding of site safety, and Safety legislation (CDM 2015 Reg etc)
- Excellent knowledge of building, constriction and infrastructure methods, materials and skills requirements.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams to deliver against tight timescales and budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting the development and costing of proposals, right through to delivery and final project completion.
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Excellent communicator, having the ability engage and influence at all levels of the organisation. Ability to motivate and drive a team through tough challenges.
- Ability to pull together functional and cross-functional teams to achieve goals and KPIs.
- Resilient and enthusiastic with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Relevant Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred (but not essential) in infrastructure fields such as: Building Surveying, Architecture, Mechanical or Electrical, Infrastructure, utilities
- Core Health and Safety knowledge and CDM regulations.
- H&S certificates such as NEBOSH or IOSH are beneficial but not essential for this role.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Multiskilled and rounded delivery Engineer, the successful candidate will have a bias regarding historic discipline, please identify this within your CV submission, i.e. trade associations, professional bodies, competency certs etc.
To apply for this position please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.