Pipeline Civil Engineer - Epsom page is loaded Pipeline Civil Engineer - Epsom Apply locations GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R-070405 Job Description
Atkins, a member of SNC-Lavalin, is a world-leader in engineering services, design consultancy and project management providing our staff with opportunities to work on the most exciting and diverse water projects globally.
Atkins Infrastructure is expanding our water framework portfolios both in the UK and Internationally, aligning with our vision and platform for growth globally, following a continued success in AMP7 period. We are seeking to appoint a Senior/Principal Pipeline Civil Engineer
to join our growing water engineering team working for our key water clients globally on a diverse range of pipeline design projects and initiatives. Our pipeline team is part of our wider multidisciplinary water engineering team provides technical expertise in pipeline material selection, route selection and optimisation, delivery of pipeline structural and detailed design, thrust restraint, pipeline rehabilitation, trenchless technologies, condition assessment of existing pipelines, undertake research of pipeline project and deterioration modelling of asset life and pipeline construction support. Atkins is active member and contributors to the Pipeline Industries Guild and you will have the opportunity to benefit from, participate in and deliver knowledge sharing and technical excellence guidance within this group. We welcome pipeline civil engineer with clean and wastewater water experience with a passion for delivering innovative engineering solutions in the UK and Internationally. You will have the opportunity to collaborate in infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for a rewarding career progression.
If you have a passion for engineering and would like to join Atkins SNC-Lavalin to deliver technical excellence, we would be keen to hear from you and about your career aspirations. We fully support flexible working arrangements, and we are keen to explore how we can accommodate your requirements.Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this role would hold the following responsibilities and attributes working as part of our clients embedded water engineering team:
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of mainly infrastructure (pipeline focus) projects across their lifecycles: from feasibility/options assessments to detailed design, construction, commissioning and handover support.
- Engage with the clients and contractors, including in a Design and Build environment, to develop, innovate and implement best practice pipeline solutions.
- Collaborative working with the clients, contractors and across external/internal project teams to ensure successful and cost-effective delivery of projects.
- Actively plan, execute and review engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with relevant design standards, codes, Client Standards and Akins' design management system.
- Lead efficient and agile delivery of projects to meet programme and budget.
- Leadership in overall quality and safe design of technical solutions in project delivery.
- Championing digital engineering initiatives and innovation in water sector solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- A strong technical water sector knowledge of relevant UK codes and standards relating to pipelines and the wider water industry.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence within project teams and the wider Atkins.
- Experience as a Project Technical /Civil Lead role on large diameter pipeline projects
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions.
- Interest and experience in delivering sustainable solutions with an emphasis on carbon reduction
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative leader within a multidisciplinary team including the client, contractor, and colleagues.
- Good understanding of digital initiatives and their application in the water industry.
- Flexibility and adaptability with work locations to meet client's needs.
The national Design & Advanced Technology (D&AT) practice within Atkins SNC-Lavalin Infrastructure division includes a well-established, multidisciplinary, water engineering team with a varied and extensive portfolio of projects. Our local teams incorporate expert process, mechanical, electrical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving our clients' problems in creating, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure. Applying a networked management approach, and with a focus on staff empowerment, trust and agility, our fast-paced business can match your ambitions. By drawing on the experience and knowledge of our global engineering technical network, you will be encouraged to enhance your continuing professional development through developing and exploiting ground-breaking technological engineering advances within the water industry. From this class-leading technical foundation, your abilities will be developed to allow you to craft innovative, sustainable solutions and help us and our clients to take advantage of the digital revolution and embed resilience in our delivered solutions. And you will help us let the world know just how good you and we are at this.Why work with us?
As civil engineers, we understand the importance of water. We deliver innovative, cost-effective and sustainable infrastructure solutions to our clients. Smart engineering starts by understanding water client needs and applying knowledge, experience and tools to identify the best value solutions before any construction begins. We specialize in all aspects of water sector assets from treatment plants, desalination, pipeline and pumping stations, collection and storage systems. We continue to provide industry-leading engineering right through the project lifecycle, including during commissioning and optimization. We employ a range of proprietary and in-house developed digital tools to facilitate our work across all disciplines in the team. This enables us to quickly and efficiently evaluate a complex range of options with a clearly auditable trail, that underpins strategic planning and stands up to Regulator scrutiny. Our people demonstrate through leadership and align us with our clients' values and desired outcomes at project and programme level. We champion sustainable, best value solutions and deliver them more effectively by being, individually and collectively, faster, smarter and more reliable.This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINSWorker Type
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Similar Jobs (8) Project Manager - Water Sector locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Senior Civil Structural Engineer locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging-consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital-and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com