Principal Engineer - Safety & Environmental (Product Safety)
-00103853 Job title:
Principal Engineer - Safety and Environmental (Product Safety)Location:
Barrow. We offer a range of hybrid (Opportunity to be based full time on-site or remote working involving up to a minimum of - 5 days a month on site) and flexible working arrangements.Salary:
From £43,373 - Depending on Skills and ExperienceWhat you'll be doing:
Your skills and experiences:Essential:
- Working in a growing multi-programme product safety and environmental capability with a team of Product Safety and Environmental Engineers (with a range of qualification and experience) delivering quality outputs to a defined programmes schedule
- Providing technical guidance and direction to less experienced team members
- Undertaking Product Safety functional design analysis (Hazard Identification and Hazard Analysis) to support a range if Submarine programmes
- Providing specialist safety advice to System Engineers on a range of Submarine programmes
- Interfacing with internal & external stakeholders on a range of Submarine programmes
Demonstrable experience and understanding in at least one or more of the following:
- Understanding of Safety Management System
- Experience and/or understanding of techniques to support Hazard Identification (HAZID) and Hazard Analysis (HAZAN)
- Experience of producing Formal Safety Assessments
- STEM degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Proven record of team working
- Proven record of delivering quality outputs to schedule
- Experience of producing technical reports to a high standard
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The company will provide support in working towards professional Chartership.The Engineering Delivery team:
You will provide the Engineering Delivery Manager (Safety & Environment) with technical product safety advice relevant to structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Control & Instrumentation engineering systems, equipment, procedures and standards in support of the Whole Boat Safety Cases.Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.