Job Title:Sustainability Environmental Engineer Location:Solihull Rate:£29.70 ph via an Umbrella Company (Inside IR35) or£22.62 ph PAYE Employment Type: Contract (31.3.24) Hours: Standard 40 Hours Per Week Reference:J39107 Job Description:
The GME Pre-Construction Team, are seeking a highly motivated and engaged Sustainability and Environmental Engineer to support our growing Pre-Construction Team, within the wider Infrastructure Department. Involved in all aspects of manufacturing sites development, from New Build - Major Projects to Refurbishments including minor works.
Candidate will assist in developing these new proposals, design concepts and programmes from strategic intent, through the full project lifecycle to commissioning and Handover. To support delivery, some UK and International travel will be expected as the needs arise. As a new and growing department, candidate will help steer and develop new, efficient ways of working, and seek to implement robust cost planning and benchmarking date, across our multiple technology groups. Working with our Customers and wider Manufacturing Engineers, candidate will assist the group to ensure we meet the Net Zero Company Strategy. Skills Required:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities (not limited too):
- Construction application of sustainability and environmental.
- BREEAM, LEEDS, SKI Ratting.
- Able to review infrastructure designs and provide sustainable solutions to be implemented or included.
- Robust environmental and sustainability knowledge.
- Able to train teams and audit application of sustainable solutions.
- Steer and influence the GME Engineers in achieving World Class sustainability implementation.
- Assist the Pre-Construction Lead in development of robust sustainability proposals and support new feasibility studies.
- Support feasibility reviews, including scoping site visits.
- Assist in the development of RFQ / Pre-Qualification Questionnaires where required for sustainability proposals implementation.
- Manage the Early-Stage Risk Register specifically in relation to Cost and Timing with relation to sustainability.
- Assist in the production of Planning Application Drawings and supporting documents (with support as required).
- Able to manage any appointed Consultant Engineer support to deliver sustainability or environmental duties as required.
- Develop MI standards specification.
- Taking the lead on sustainable Buildings and Plant and equipment.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- Auditing, analysing and reporting environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Support in negotiation of environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues.
- Working closely with External Regulators, e.g. Environment Agency and Local Councils.
- Arranging internal Environmental Audits - including follow-up and close-out of any non-compliances (NCs).
- Be the MI Representative in maintaining and updating our client's EMS (Environmental Management System) and all relevant documentation.
- Keeping up-to-date with current and future Legislation and advising on reducing impact to Plant.
- Become the Environmental Technology Expert for future ME Technologies.
- Energy saving experience and appropriate qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Environmental Legislation. E.g. Environmental Protection Act: IPPC, ISO14001.
- Experience of undertaking Environmental Audits in a Lead or Supporting Role.
- Ability to lead and influence at all levels within the business and the supply base.
- Evidence of managing and leveraging maximum support from the wider team to achieve objectives.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and can demonstrate effective problem management.
- Ability to challenge the GME Engineering Team to drive cost efficiencies at design stage and manage 'scope creep' / 'design change' impacts.
- Competent with IT and associated system tools such as BIM.
- Resourceful with an ability to present outputs to all levels.
- Excellent Time Management and high-level of drive, self-motivated with able to deliver with limited supervision.
Personal Profile Essential:
- Knowledge of infrastructure delivery process (RIBA Stages) will be advantageous.
- Preferably a member of a recognised body (CEnv).
- Awareness of Vehicle Manufacturing Processes and associated infrastructure needs is preferred but not essential.
- An individual with a customer-first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Excellent communicator, having the ability engage and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to motivate and drive the team through tough challenges.
- Ability to pull together functional and cross-functional teams to achieve goals and KPIs core focus on Sustainability and Environmental proposals and project reviews.
- Time orientated with key focus of quality of event against key project milestones.
- Ability to develop and robustly present or influence at all levels of the business.
- Resilient and enthusiastic with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Focused on Professional and Personal Development within their field.
Additional Information: This role is INSIDE IR35
- Preferably Qualified to Degree level or suitably experienced in Environmental and Sustainability applied to infrastructure and building environment.
============================================================================= Do not miss out on your chance of interview - APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply! Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries. No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications. #J-18808-Ljbffr