Experienced Offshore Wind Projects Engineer (Leatherhead) | We're hiring! Experienced Offshore Wind Projects Engineer (Leatherhead)
- Department: Renewables Technology
- Location: Leatherhead
Description Job Title: Experienced Offshore Wind Projects EngineerSalary range: £55,000 to £65,000 per annumLocation: LeatherheadWorking Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.Closing date for this role is 13th October but we would encourage early applications
Frazer-Nash strives to be a friendly and caring engineering consultancy, working across many industry sectors and client types. At Frazer-Nash, we want all our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our supportive team environment, the variety of work, and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
We support our clients in Offshore Energy from early-phase engineering through detailed design and project execution, helping our clients to identify, develop and operate offshore renewable and conventional energy projects. Through this range of engineering and project management services we are helping ensure the sector meets the ever-increasing needs of society for decarbonised, cheap and reliable energy. In particular, Offshore Wind is a core focus area within our Renewable Energy division, where we provide support to both fixed and floating offshore wind projects.
We work with numerous developers, operators, and turbine and foundation OEMs, offering engineering services and technical advice throughout their projects' lifecycles. Given the significant market demand for our skills, we are seeking a motivated and experienced Offshore Wind Projects Engineer to help us deliver on our extensive portfolio of offshore energy projects, and further develop our services within the sector. The primary focus of the role will be to provide support to offshore energy projects, largely but not exclusively in offshore wind. This could comprise the early phases of technical evaluation and concept selection, through to design specification, commissioning, and operations.
The suitable candidate will also play an important role in supporting the growth of our renewables business, including identification of opportunities and associated business development activities. There are significant technical and commercial challenges to be overcome with the growing deployment of offshore wind in the UK and around the world, and you would be helping to address these challenges. Through these activities you will be contributing to the development and optimisation of new clean energy solutions based in the offshore environment. The role provides an opportunity to combine project management and engineering skills.
The successful candidate will be flexible in both supporting and leading services to clients, working with colleagues from across the company to deliver success.
Requirements The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrable experience in the offshore energy industry through work with developers, OEMs and/or consultancies. Ideally this would include work in offshore wind, or other offshore renewable energy systems.
- Experience of supporting concept selection in the offshore industry, including appraisal of technical, safety, environmental and economic factors.
- Experience of delivering systems to meet defined specifications.
- Experience of supporting the safe and efficient operation of offshore energy systems.
- A degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline.
- The ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivation and organisation skills to deliver independently and manage project work to quality, time and cost.It is to your advantage if you meet any or all of the following additional requirements:
- Working knowledge of developments in floating wind technologies and the offshore wind market generally.
- On-site or operational experience within the offshore industry.
- Familiarity with numerical and data analysis, including finite element analysis tools and basic programming.
- Previous consultancy experience
- Experience in writing proposals, client liaison and developing new business.
- Chartered Engineer status.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Benefits Happy to talk flexible working
With benefits to suit your lifestyle, we have a flexible approach to your location and working arrangements.
Discover more About us
Frazer-Nash is a leading engineering, systems and technology company.
Read more Can't find a suitable opportunity at Frazer-Nash at present? Please check out the other opportunities available within our parent and sister companies Check out the roles available at KBR Search the KBR Careers site Take a look at Harmonic's opportunities Visit Harmonic's careers page Apply Now #J-18808-Ljbffr