Senior Construction Cost Engineer, EMEA Construction Cost Control - Job ID: 2394835 | Amazon.jobs Skip to main content Senior Construction Cost Engineer, EMEA Construction Cost Control
Job ID: 2394835 | Amazon Data Services UK Limited
Apply now DESCRIPTION
The Data Center Construction Cost Control (CCC) team is part of a larger, highly creative and driven team dedicated to deploying our continuously evolving Amazon data center facilities. .
As a Sr. Construction Cost Engineer, you will be responsible for providing cost support, guidance and recommendations to the project delivery team to ensure cost management and analysis across a portfolio of fast paced construction projects. You will be involved in the full life cycle of construction projects while working with motivated experts from design, construction, procurement, finance and legal teams to deliver efficient and innovative data centers. You will help drive multimillion dollar projects utilizing Amazon Leadership principles including frugality and insist on the highest standards across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This role is located in London, United Kingdom.
At Amazon, we are diverse, creative, team oriented professionals who leverage unique opportunities presented to us on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of data facilities.
Key job responsibilities
The Sr. Construction Cost Engineer will be responsible for:
- Engaging and managing third party Quantity Surveyors.
- Validating construction cost estimates at various stages of design.
- Working seamlessly with multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and external.
- Communicating cost control goals to all stakeholders effectively.
- Identify Value Engineering opportunities in the design and quantify the savings.
- Identify project risks and the financial cost impacts associated with them and communicate to the broader team.
- Updating repository for historical data.
- Defining and tracking cost performance metrics and leading monthly cost reporting.
- Analyzing and providing timely feedback of vendor proposals using AWS benchmark data.
- Creating accurate bid leveling documents.
- Validating the final award amount and scope based on contract documents.
- Implementing, maintaining and executing all cost control, change management, progress and performance reporting.
- Validating construction change cost impacts.
- Ensuring vendor invoices are accurate and timely.
- Supporting the construction team with project close-out and final payments.
- Delivering results for multiple projects with completing priorities on a consistent basis.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of experience in construction cost control, with specific knowledge of electrical, mechanical or CSA cost elements
- Experience with Data Center or other mission critical construction environments.
- Experience reviewing and justifying budgets and estimates.
- Experience communicating estimate strategy to construction and non-construction professionals.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation.
- Experience with estimating software such as CostX, Cubit, Onscreen takeoff, Timberline and Bluebeam.
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Operations, IT, and Support Engineering Related jobs
- Robotics Deployment Engineer (m/f), Robotics Deployment Engineering Location: GBR, London Posted: August 18, 2023 (Updated about 3 hours ago)
- Data Center Technician - Berkshire, DCC Communities Location: GBR, London Posted: July 24, 2023 (Updated about 4 hours ago)
- Logistics Specialist - Data Center - Berkshire Location: GBR, London Posted: August 11, 2023 (Updated about 4 hours ago)
- Livestream Operator Location: GBR, London Posted: June 16, 2023 (Updated about 6 hours ago)
- Engineering Operations Technician, InfraOps DCEO Location: GBR, London Posted: September 20, 2023 (Updated about 9 hours ago)
Share this job Important FAQs for current Government employees
Before proceeding, please review the following FAQs
JOIN US ON
- Job Categories
- Military recruiting
- Warehouse and Hourly Jobs
Working at Amazon
- Amazon Newsletter
- Diversity at Amazon
- Our Leadership Principles
- Interview tips
- Review application status
- Provisions for disabled candidates
- EU background checks
English, British Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Privacy and Data Company Information Cookies © 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates #J-18808-Ljbffr