Working within consultancy in water utilities, we are seeking 2-3 civil engineering graduates with some decent experience in line with their time within industry. This is a growing consultancy where there are lots of opportunities to progress. To be clear, we seek 1-2 years relevant post grad experience.Role Overview
You will be supporting senior members of the team in the delivery of key frameworks and projects and liaising with clients, contractors and third-party stakeholders on a daily basis ensuring the most effective solutions and recommendations are provided to the Client.Core Function
So what do we need?
- The design and documentation of civil and structural components of the projects, including but not limited to, utility networks, buildings, civil infrastructure and water treatment structures.
- Provide design and construction documentation as required by the project, including conducting site surveys and inspections.
- Carryout client liaison and coordination, including reporting of progress
- Project management of the tasks and deliverables required as part of the design packages.
- Conduct technical inspections of structures, formations and other civil / structural elements as required.
- Assist project managers and site staff in evaluating 3rd party designs and construction methods.
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings & site visits
Remuneration and Benefits
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering, Masters is preferred
- Good project management skills including organisational and diligent skills.
- Good communication, report writing and interpersonal skills in English
- Experience in design of civil, structural or geotechnical elements to Eurocodes and best practice would be beneficial.
- Practical site experience at construction or geotechnical investigation stage would be beneficial.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and other specialist computer packages (AutoCAD, Workspace, CRM's, etc).
- Full UK driving licence as extensive travel throughout the UK will be required.
- Full UK permit for work or residency.
- Further education or second degree in a construction / engineering related discipline would be beneficial
- Membership of ICE would be beneficial
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities