Our client is an established multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in Bristol. They predominantly work on a mix of residential, commercial, educational, and industrial projects and are seeking to appoint a Structural Engineer to join their expanding business.
The successful candidate will be a Structural Engineer with 4+ years post-grad experience. You should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate projects and communicate effectively with design team members and be technically competent with the modelling and draughting of structures to current design standards, the candidate should also be able to work independently from design information provided by the design engineer.
Candidates will be versed in independently managing projects including attending meetings with contractors, architects and clients. Any successful candidate will be required to work with other engineers and technicians. You will be joining an established and successful consultancy with a buoyant order book. What you need to succeed:
- Ability to deliver projects through to completion
- Working within a multidisciplinary consultancy
- Experience working with steel or concrete structures essential
- Experience with masonry or timber frames desirable
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally, you will be confident in front of clients and able to lead with both existing clients and new
- Software experience with Tekla and/or TEDDS is essential
- Experience in either commercial, educational, residential and industrial sectors
- Degree and masters in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Ideally chartered with - or working towards - IStructE