Our Client provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects to Clients such as Developers, Contractors and others who invest in the built environment. This includes new build as well as maintenance and refurbishment projects. The Role
What you need to Succeed:
- Working within a team of Engineers and Technicians you will be providing support on a range of projects and will be responsible for producing detailed designs and drawings using Civil 3D.
- Produce drawing and design information at various stages of a project from the preliminary stages to tender and the construction stage.
- Design of foul and surface water drainage and attenuation systems including a knowledge of sustainable drainage systems.
- Produce FRA reports and drainage strategies.
- Co-ordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
- Assist in negotiation of technical approvals.
- To support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued growth.
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader when required.
- Attend meetings and site visits on occasions when necessary.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
- Proficient user of Civil 3D.
- Autocad and WinDes Microdrainage design experience essential
- Minimum 4 years of relevant post graduate experience, working towards Chartered status.
- BEng/MEng or relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT.
- Good written English
- Working knowledge of planning procedures, Section 38, 278, 104 and 106 Legal Agreements and CDM Regulations
- Infrastructure engineering design experience including primarily utilities, highways, drainage and ground modelling.
- Self-motivated and proactive, driving expansion of existing areas and maximise new opportunities within the Civil Engineering team.
- A capable all-rounder with multidisciplinary experience within a well-established similar consultancy is preferable.
- Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to development infrastructure design work.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight deadlines, with good communication skills.
- Confident in liaising with people at all levels.