Associate Civil Engineer - Land Development & Water Projects page is loaded Associate Civil Engineer - Land Development & Water Projects Apply locations GB.Birmingham - Chamberlain Square GB.Bristol.The Hub time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R-072786 Job DescriptionThe Company:
Atkins is part of SNC-Lavalin Group, one of the world's leading design, engineering and infrastructure consultancy service providers. When you join Atkins, a world of opportunities opens up before you.
Get ready to ‘build the world better' - from end-to-end project solutions and pioneering new technologies to engineering net zero. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. You'll have the opportunity to work with high profile infrastructure organisations, be exposed to a diverse workload and develop your professional career in a thriving environment.The Role:
- The Infrastructure team in Birmingham are currently seeking an Associate Civil Engineer to become part of our expanding team. The role will be based in the Midlands region, in our new Birmingham office. This role provides a variety of land development and water projects.
- Our future depends on water - the world's most vital and complex resource. Our clients are facing issues such as growing populations, climate change and pollution. So, we are looking for thinkers to help us tackle these challenges head-on.
- We are also creating bright futures for communities through the towns, cities and communities we develop. We are looking for Engineers who enjoy challenging opportunities to work with global clients who value innovative delivery of schemes that meet the demand of tomorrow's challenging urban environments.
- Degree-qualified with a civil engineering background with Chartered membership of a recognised professional institution or equivalent.
- Experienced in supporting and managing Clients in the land development and/or water engineering sectors.
- A proven ability to effectively manage projects.
- Ability and desire to lead on Health and Safety practises.
- Experienced in managing and applying technical governance and integrity within a consulting engineering environment.
What we offer?
- Responsible for engineering day-to-day activities and main Client contact for projects.
- Produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and Client requirements.
- Produce technical reports at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Senior Leadership Team to deliver initiatives aimed at improving the technical and professional ability of team members.
- Support bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks.
- Undertake project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Additional Information: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability. #DATWorker Type
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Similar Jobs (15) Associate Mechanical Engineer locations GB.Bristol.The Hub time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Urban Drainage Modelling Specialist locations 9 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging-consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital-and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com