Construction careers don't get better than this exciting new opportunity for a Senior Project Manager Civil Engineer. We are looking for a an experienced Civil Engineer to act as lead contact for the local government advisory body on a major expressway strengthening project in Birmingham, UK.
The project is a major expressway strengthening project with investment of 100M sterling over the next 5 years, strengthening box girders on the elevated section of this most complicated of road junctions in UK. You will be based in our client's offices in Birmingham and travel to the project site on a regular basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the client's Chief Civil Engineering office and coordinating with Highways England, you will be responsible for overseeing the main contractor and nominated sub contractors to ensure compliance with the contractual requirements in relation to health and safety, quality management, schedule, and cost.
- The eyes and ears of the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer with 30 years of post graduate and relevant experience in design, site supervision, engineering support on major roads and bridges schemes either in UK or overseas.
- Would suit a seasoned professional who can predict conflict and act swiftly to mitigate, report and resolve.
- Would suit a client side Senior Resident Engineer or even perhaps a contractor side Project Manager or Director looking for a client side opportunity
- Chartered Engineer MICE or suitable equivalent
- Technically excellent engineer with established skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a Civil or Structural Engineering allied subject.
- Chartered Professional
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Civil engineering recruitment continues apace in UK. Our client is a highly respected consultancy firm who will second you to this busy Government advisory body. They can offer an attractive contract based employment for 5 years.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available to the successful candidate.
Apply for this job Apply for this jobRichard Poulter
is our specialist consultant managing this position
+852 5444 0094
(Office hours 9am to 6pm - Hong Kong Time Monday to Friday) Connect with Richard Poulter
on LinkedIn Asia & Middle East
Apply for this job
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.
Recommend a friend Want To Find Similar Jobs?
- Engineering jobs
- Senior Engineer jobs
- Midlands and East Anglia jobs
- Client Project Management jobs