Are you looking to be part of a growing team with the opportunity for growth or your next career step? Do you have a true passion to align business growth ambitions with the external world? This role will provide you the opportunity to drive our business agenda with a key focus on defence facilities.
Following continued success within the defence and South West region, Royal HaskoningDHV look to expand upon their current Exeter team through the growth of the maritime business. The South West offers an exciting opportunity for maritime engineers of all fields within a sought after region of the U.K. offering excellent work life balance.
About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people's lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
About Our Maritime Business:
Our Maritime team are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development. We are multi-disciplinary experts that work on international projects to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master plans. From our Maritime offices in Exeter, Newcastle, Liverpool, London and Brighton, we lead all the company's shipyard projects collaborating with colleagues globally!
If you're already a senior structural / civil marine engineer looking to work on globally significant projects, this role would provide you a step-up in the career ladder. This role will provide great exposure to local and global projects alike, whilst working with the leading professionals within the Shipyard sector. Whilst the key focus of the growing team in Exeter is in the defence and nuclear realm, this is not a pre-requisite or only area of the maritime sector our business is growing in.
This role is part of a growth of the Exeter team and as such we offer remote working opportunities and happy to discuss part time working arrangements.
- Prepare designs and analysis for maritime and associated structures for ports and shipyards
- Collect and collate design data
- Carry out inspections and surveys
- Produce design calculations, check and review calculations produced by others.
- Check and review models and drawings prior to issue.
- Provide guidance to more junior staff including project managers, engineers, graduates, technicians and admin staff working on your projects.
- Prepare Bills of Quantities, Contract Documents and Specifications.
- Undertake structural analyses and reporting.
- Give presentations to client organisations and internal audiences.
- Provide engineering judgment and advice;
- Review (or prepare) study reports to a high standard of written English.
- Provide commercial awareness of projects to deliver profitable results within programme by setting and agreeing expectations and achieving on-time delivery.
- Act as Project Manager for small and medium sized projects, or Technical Manager on large/complex projects.
Required skills and experience:
- Analytical Ability - lead design and analysis work with limited support
- Conceptual Ability - capable of undertaking design from concept to ready for construction.
- Communication Skills - clearly articulate orally and in writing the reasons behind your decisions. Show confidence in presenting to team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Client Orientation - maintain a professional client-facing approach.
- Problem Solving - think laterally and develop solutions to problems with others and on your own.
- Relationship Building - build a network within the immediate team, and the wider organization as a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Solution Orientation - deliver project objectives without losing focus in the detail.
- Organised - show organisation, discipline and a structured, consistent approach in the way you work.
- Personable - approachable, relatable and empathetic.
- Demonstrate experience in the development of shipyard infrastructure, such as heavy-duty quays, dry docks, floating docks or shiplifts.
- Demonstrate commitment to training of junior staff
Note: Even if you feel you do not meet all of the role requirements described above, please still apply. We value applications from a range of backgrounds - so please highlight additional skills you could bring to the role.
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That's how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you're connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life Location
South West England with the ability to travel to Exeter and Plymouth.